Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help With Shoulder Routine!!

Hey bro's.

No matter what I do I can't get my shoulders sore!! I work my shoulers and traps real hard! I d-bell presses, reverse d-bell presses, reverse flys, then upright rows. All of these I do 4 sets of at least 12 reps with farly heavy weight. About 75% of my max. Then I take a 2 min break then I do quad sets. Reverse flys, lateral raises, front raises then shrugs. I take a minute break and so it again 4 or 5 quad sete total.

I know that you dont have to get sore to get a get a good workout but its only the 2nd time of doing shoulders sience my 6 month layoff!! I should be sore!! I get a hell of a pump though!!

Should I turn up the heat on my routine even more or just not worry about it??

I use my shoulders every day verry repeatedly. Could this be why I dont get sore?

Thanx bros

I have trouble getting mine sore also. Theraband excersises from therapy seem to get my shoulder more sore than lifting heavy weights. Don't know why

My shoulders never get sore , but they grow like weeds so I know i'm getting good workouts. I cant remember the last time my shoulders were sore, i think thats normal. When I'm taking glutamine my soreness decreases dramtically in every bodypart but I'm having great workouts and great gains , so i dont really attribute gains to soreness.

I think my shoulders are one of the best body parts I have(it sure ain't my arms :( ) I never get real sore after workouts but they grow very well. My routine is

Side lateral raises 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Upright rows 4 sets of 8-12 resp
Seated dumbell press 4 sets of 6-12 reps
Dumbell or Barbell shrugs 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
Good Luck on geting those shoulders to grow.

M18

split your shoulder into 2 differnt days becuase they have 2 differnt functions......rasing and pressing.

on monday i hit raises with chest and tri...........

what you could try would be this : pick up the 5lb dumbells and do rear lateral raises for as many as you can..... go up in 5 lb increments untill you cant do any more....... rest for a bit and then do it again, starting with the weight you finnished with and work your way back down.......

then repeat the process for side and front laterals.

on friday i hit shoulders........ i do dumbell, rear barbell and military presses....... but pile on more weight than you normally could and do them standing........ keep your feet about shoulder width apart and put one in front of the other.........

if this doesnt hurt you..... then your defiantely using your shoulders way too much

the only workout thats ever got my shoulders sore the touch was trevor's smiths B.F.T. routine.

shoulders and triceps:
machine side laterals 2 sets
smith machine military 2 sets
cable pushdowns 2 sets

the "sets" are all triple drop sets with 6 forced reps after each failure. ie 1 set means: 8 reps to failure +6 forced reps (drop the weight to 60%) 8 more reps to failure +6 reps (again drop the weight) 8 more reps to failure +6 reps

that's what got them sore. now you said you wanted to get them sore, this will do that. for growth any good basic program will work.

stubborn delts

split them three ways!

1. lats - rear delts

2. side delts - traps - lowerback - hamstrings

3. chest - front delts
pre-requisit: do not more than 12-16 sets for pec in this case otherwise your front delts have had too much submaximal intensity to allow for heavy presses.

Workoutz:

1. after back, rear delts:
reverse pecdeck 8 sets: 8 - 6 - 12 - 8 - 6 - 12 - 8 - 6 - 12 reps

2. side delts followed by traps
- behind neck press 6 - 8 - 12
- dumbell press 6 - 8 - 12
- side raises 10 - 8 - 14 - 10 - 8 - 14
- close grip upright rows 8 - 6 - 12
- follow up with shrugs and deadlifts to hit the traps
i like to train lowerback and hamstrings (stiff leg deadlifts) on this day too, so that the deadlift and stiffl legged deadlift serve both spine and trap and hamstring developement

3. front delts after heavy benchpressing on chest day
8 - 6 - 12 millitary press or standing push press to front
8 - 6 - 12 close grip upright rows
10 - 8 - 14 barbell front raises
10 - 8 - 14 alternate dumbell front raises

Alternatively have a separate delts day (only delts!) and a full day rest after that

my shoulders get sore after every workout
they grow the fastest. if only my arms grew that fast
i seperate my workout into three different areas. frontals, medials, and rears.
frontals- smith press, wide grip upright rows, front laterals
medials-side laterals, and inclined laterals
rears- reverse flys, bentover laterals

frontals 4 sets 8-12
medials 3-4 sets 8-12
rears 4 8-12

strict form and good control
on all laterals hold for a quick 2 count and then release slowly.
if this doesnt get you sore i dont know what will.

let me know how it works for you.

Thanx bros!!

I will try some of the things you guys have said. My shoulders do grow. I just dont get sore. I guess if they are growing, I shouldnt worry about it then??

But ill try some of these things they sound kick ass!

Top Bottom