Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with removing the metal in my vials

Oxbow-

Hello,
I had to pass a metal detector so I sacrified an old empty vial to see that the whole metal part can be removed and then you have that grey rubber. The metal is just here to make it stay in place.

So I removed the metal and I have put a sterile compress with tape to maintain the rubber in place. The only thing touching the rubber is sterile. But there was a bit of tape touching the board betwen the vial and the rubber. I am a bit parano I wonder if bacteries can pass though this space I dont think so because the grey rubber has been well maintened in place and never popped up.

Now my questions are
1) I think this is still sterile right ? I have seen on the vial I have sacrified that the rubber makes a "()" so it makes a pression against the glass part. I am sure no bacteries are in therr. Is there benzyl alcohol in every test oil anyway right ?
2) How do I do now to ensure after evey shot that the rubber never pop up ?
What I planned to do is to press the rubber with my fingers every time I pin to keep it in place, then when I am done i make the compress and tape every time..

Thanks for help buddied I wont NEVER do that again lol.
And please tell me there is alcohol in there that kill every bacteries I would feel better.

The amount of benzyl alcohol in test preparations vary, where pharma grade is usually 0,9%,
and UG products often containing more because of bigger risk of contamination,
and cause to help dissolve a higher percentage of steroid pr mL.
NO, you cannot gamble that there is enough benzyl alcohol to kill everything.
But, if it hasn't been like this for many days, and it has been handled delicately,
it might be OK, but again it might not. So I recommend to either get the equipment needed for proper filtering,
or transform it to a transdermal.
If your dead set on injecting it, I would do a sub-q shot.
That way its much easier to watch for an abcess, and to remove it if it arise.

I think if the rubber has been kept in place and never popped up, I dont see any reason why and how bacteries could have entered. Actually I remember a brand where there was no metal at all, when you open the vial you just have the rubber.
Also, some people injects air inside for the pression. I never do that. So if it can have air inside it cannot be "contaminated" this way because I dont see a lot of guys who have abscess, everything is ok no?

The aas in question is Deca.

What if i buy benzyl alcohol and add more in the vial?

I have heard that I can boil it too but I dont know.... What happens to the deca and the benzyl alcohol after it has been boiled?

Filtering is complicated and even if I am a chemistry student I will make more mess than before for sure lol

Actually, I need just an answer to one and only question, if the rubber stay in place but the metal of the vial has been removed, is there a hole for the contamination or not ? Actually the brand and UGL I use is awesome in term of quality. (The vial)

Sorry for double post.
I have tried to inject air in the vial i have already "sacrified" and when you remove the grey rubber it makes a "pop" so it means air cannot pass if the rubber is here, even with not metal.
So bacteries cannot pass too if I am not dumb..

The problem now is every time I will handle my vial there will be a risk to pop up the rubber.
How can I prevent it.... Keep it in place with the fingers every time then fix it with tape everytime (make something sterile between the tape and the rubber/vial).

I only see that solution.
Thanks a lot buddies..

i had a buddy break the metal one time and oil spilled out the side of it. He used it in a weeks time with no problems, i thought it was a silly gamble but it worked out alright for him. personally if no liquid came out id just run a peice of tape over it. pin through the tape and change tips before injecting.

The needle that go through the non-sterile tape then enter in the gear, isnt it bad ?
Or I try to make a dot in the tape, like a little space to let pass the needle ?

I would need Walter White here he always have great ideas..

id alcohol swap the top of it, if you can leave a space. i dont think if you swap your pins you'll have a problem.

Swap my pins : You mean use one needle to draw and another to pin ? Dont worry man I always do that.

So I will tape the grey rubber stopper to the vial and let a hole in the tape to let pass the needle.

Why not use alu foil to hold the top in place. Mold it so there's still naked rubber in the middle. If that doesnt hold either add tape (like electro or duct tape) still leaving the middle part of the rubber naked.
As long as air cannot circulate bacteria wont enter. I was concerned that the top had popped up at some point and the parts of the rubber top or glass normally covered had come into contact with something.

Top Bottom