Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HELP With My CARB-UP Meal & Supplements

CLA, vanadyl, chromium, magnesium, hydroxycitric acid (trade name Citrimax)..

:confused::confused:

What type of dosage for each? And how beneficial are each?

CLA??? For glyocgen replenishment? Citrimax is used for less fat-gain right? Chromium how much? I thought that was proven useless, vanadyl what like 10-20 mg.? How much magnesium?

:help::help:

CLA at 1000mg lowers insulin resistance, among other benefits.

Citrimax at 750 mg helps to shuttle carbs into the muscle cells
and prevent spill over to fat cells.

vanadyl at 50mg, chromium at 200 mcg and magnesium at 500mg may help the carb-up as they have been shown to improve insulin sensitivity and can help to lower blood glucose.

Last edited:
MonStar1023 said:
Millie-
riskybizz007-
What would the most OPTIMAL dosage be to take around 30 minutes before my carb-up meal... also is there a big difference between TRAC with is creatine + arginine and regular creatine with arginine tabs or capsules?

:cool::cool:

The times I've taken more than 300mg in one sitting I get this pretty bad heart burn feeling. So most I can take is 300mg/sitting. It really does help a lot during carb ups. And as far as TRAC, I don't see the difference. If you can make your own mix cheaper go for it. I've always done that when possible.

Dr. not to take away from your point. But I have never heard one good thing from Citrimax, and the studies done on it that I've read all show that it's a b.s. supplement. As well as CLA. Magnesium I've never heard of it improving insulin sensitivity, not saying you're wrong, just never heard of that before. Chromium I do agree helps, but still no where near as effective as ALA.

Here's just another post I found...

Continued... Fonz Elite Bodybuilder I'll explain how ALA works for the bodybuilder. Subject A consumes a diet of 3000Kcal a day. He follows a regime composed of 60% carbs/30%protein/10%fat. In other words a typical BB regimen. Thats; Kcas=3000 Carbs=1800/4=450g Protein=900/4=225g Fat=300/9=33g Now, his muscles are capable of holding 375g of glycogen. He however is eating 450g. Thats 75g too many(300Kcal), an after 12 days on this diet he will pick up 1lb of fat.

Now, lets add 600mg ALA/day in divided doses. ALA will increase glucose up-take into the muscles by roughly 40%. His muscles were capable of holding 375g of carbs but now due to the ALA they can hold: 375g+(375*0.4)=525g of carbs. So now, he is consuming 450g of carbs and is capable of storing 525g of carbs. (A deficit of 75g or 300Kcal) By adding some cardio at 60-70% intensity for 45min (around 300Kcal caloric expenditure), he now loses 1lb of fat every 12 days, instead of gaining 1lb of fat. Do you now see the benefit of ALA? Its an excellent supplement in my opinion. Godspeed

CLA at 1000mg lowers insulin resistance, among other benefits.

Citrimax at 750 mg helps to shuttle carbs into the muscle cells
and prevent spill over to fat cells.

vanadyl at 50mg, chromium at 200 mcg and magnesium at 500mg may help the carb-up as they have been shown to improve insulin sensitivity and can help to lower blood glucose.

Is this valid... help me out guys? DoctorT also... I mean I dont want to take all of this and it make NO difference at all. Do you have any research or studies to back up your info?

:cool::cool:

from what i've read on this and other boards, citrimax is worthless. it has only been proven to work in rats, but not in humans. and also, i haven't read about anyone having any beneficial experiences with vanadyl. so i would say these 2 supps are useless for a carb up.
chromium... i can't say. i would substitute that with another dose of ALA, since ALA is way more effective... take 300mg of ALA 30 minutes before carb meal, and another 300mg 1-2 hours after carb meal.
magnesium - i have read it helps with relaxing the muscles, i haven't heard anything about it improving insulin sensitivity and lowering blood glucose.

Another supplement you want to take is a good B vitamin complex. Don't get yourself caught up in the science, bodybuilders have been using these supplements (except for citrimax) to carb-up for decades, but they didn't know why - they just knew it worked.

Before all these supps, bodybuilders would carb-up on buckwheat pasta or pancakes, and icecream or malts mixed with brewers yeast.

Both buckwheat and brewers yeast happen to be great sources of B vitamins and magnesium, brewers yeast is high in chromium, and buckwheat happens to be high in vanadium.

In the "old days", body builders ate loads of raw fish, which just happens to be the best natural source of creatine and EFA's. They also ate raw eggs - another food high in vanadium.

Before "scientific studies", all they knew was that this stuff works, they didn't ask why. Citrimax has been a dud as a weightloss supplement, but none of these supps are very helpful
if you're overweight. They all help to make your body more efficient at metabolizing the carbs you eat, and the last thing a fat person needs to be is more efficient - the more energy wasted the better, plus minerals like vanadium are stored in fat cells, so an overweight person is the least likely to need the supplement.

You have a point w/ the Bvitamins, I take a B100 or B50 twice a day. It has been shown medically to help metabolize carbs, protein, and fats as well.

But where you're going w/ the other stuff... I can't just take people's word for it and do it. That's what the supplement industry is full of, "Take our word for it" and what happens in the end you get burnt and w/ an empty wallet.

I would have to see more (if any) shred of evidence to believe the magnesium, CLA deal.

I am probably going to take the following 30 MINUTES before my big carb-up meal.

1.5 servings TRAC
5g glutamine peptides
600 mg. ALA
190 mg. Vanadium
1000 mg. Citrimax
1000 mg. Calcium Pyruvate (in another supplement)
1-2g taurine
500 mg. magnesium
1000 mg. CLA

Should I ADD or lower anything on here? What about the vanadyl amount? Its just in this other supplement but I have 1.85 mg. capsules also... should I add them?

:confused::confused:

Top Bottom