Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HELP with diet and workout

jills123

I'm 17 years old and just really started getting interested in diet and workout last summer. That's when I decided to start a diet. When I began I weighed 145. I took two adipo kinetix before I did 30 minutes of cardio every morning and two between lunch and dinner. My diet consisted of: two protein shakes, one for breakfast, one for lunch, made with 1 C. skim milk and one scoop designer protein, and for dinner, I ate one chicken breast, grilled. I did this for three weeks and got down to 117. After that, I pretty much did nothing as far as workout went until february. I lost another three pounds because my guy gave me some T3. ( I took 50mcg a day for a week. I just recently found out that that was incredibly stupid, because we didn't taper up or down.) I gained weight.In February, I really started lifting four times a week. I toned up and gained about five pounds. I was unhappy because my clothes didn't fit any more, so I started a keto diet, eating about 1000 cals a day. I supplemented it at first with MD6 ( which i am even embarassed to say b/c everyone says it is worthless now) and flax seed oil. Then, I cut my cals back to 800 and tried taking four clenbuterol a day for two weeks. I also did a six week cycle of T3. I really didn't see anything major off it.
During the diet, I did the German Body Composition workout four times a week and 30 minutes of Cardio a day. I saw some results, but I still weigh 123. After about three months, I got really discouraged.

That brings me to where I am today. I have given up on the keto thing and just want to lose weight so my clothes will fit again. I am lifting three to four days a week and doing 30 minutes of cardio after my workouts on those days. On non-lifting days, I do about 45 minutes or more of cardio.
I am trying the two protein shakes, 1 chicken breast diet again, because it still seems to be the best thing for me. All total, I am getting about 640 cals. As for supplements, I take T3, clen four times a day for two days, then adipo kinetix for two days (four one day, six the other).

Please help me figure all this out. Thanks

hey jills ---

First - GET RID OF THE T3! Don't fuck with your thyroid at your age! The only recommended use for that stuff is with steroids because it is very catabolic--- it will eat your fat and your muscle. Read WarLobo's post about T3.

And hun, you're starving yourself - no wonder you're not losing any fat. First you probably mean to say you want to lose fat and not weight.You are doing nothing but putting your body into starvation mode - it will hold onto all the fat it can because it thinks its not going to get any more than 640 calories. You should eat 5-6 meals of real food. Maybe keep one of the protein shakes, but you really need to eat some real food. Make sure you get something like 1500 calories with a good selection of quality carbs, protein and fats. A calorie-depleted diet of only protein will basically leave you nutritionally starved as well. Your body needs the things that come from a balanced diet just to run efficiently. You can lose fat and "weight" by doing the 640 calorie for a short period of time, but the point will come where it just can't run on that anymore. Loading all the stimulants like ECA and clen will only aggravate the situation.

I don't mean to sound so mean. You've probably been exposed to the chemical supplements way too soon for your age. Also you need to better understand diet, nutrition and training concepts. Just because you have access to certain "supplements" doesn't mean you should use them. I would recommend that you go talk to a trainer or nutritionist at your gym and get your diet evaluated. All the cardio, training and supplements don't mean shit if your diet doesn't make any sense.

You may want to spend some time on the diet & training boards to understand more and also read WarLobo's Tip Top Tips, and the newbie posts at the top of the Women's Board.

Also set your expections realistically. The trainer or whoever looks at your diet should be able to help you with this. Because of your use of T3 you might want to get a full physical and also a complete blood panel done including thyroid to make sure everything is where it should be. To help understand more about your thyroid and where it and T3 all fit in the bigger picture you might check out www.about.com and do search on T3 and thyroid. You should focus on good diet & training stuff first before worrying about all the supps.

Welcome to the women's board & elite! Learn lots, research lots and ask lots of questions!

Last edited:
sweetie you are going about it all wrong.....Your body is in starvation mode!!!! FEED YOURSELF SOME FOOD!!! You cant run on 600-1000 calories!!! Not going to work, you will gain i promise!! You need to eat more FOOD, more clean food......at least 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb. Your diet is your main focus.....lifting next.....and finally some cardio. Diets gotta be in line or you will not lose and see no results. You need to eat 5-6 meals a day. full of protein sources, veggies, some complex carbs etc. Stay away from processed foods....junk food etc. Keep it simple and basic. Also drink at least 1 gallon of water a day. It will do wonders for you. please up your calories....your body is being starved of nutrients it needs.....your training and cardio are a waste of time if you only eat 650 calories...you midas well not go to your gym. Start eating girl:)

wow- training 3-4 days and cardio 7 days, I would fall over w/ only 640 calories of energy/day. In addition to Sassy & N@GB suggestions...

Read up on EFAs = essential fatty acids = healthy fats...many benefits to health & fat loss. They are a must!

Any 'supplements' are just that... 'supplemental' to proper nutrition & training... not magic weapons for fat/weight loss.

You mention your weight & clothes a few times... since training w/ weights, clothes will fit differently (better!)... and the scale is no longer a sign of your progress-it doesn't tell if we gained muscle & lost fat.

Don't mean to be taking stabs at ya' :)...these are basics that must be a part of learning & succeeding. Good luck... now go eat something! :D

This post really scares me. Jill, you seem to have been on a really dangerous route of extreme deprivation and chemical use that is setting you up for a lifetime struggle with healthy eating.

It is SO HARD for women to give up that notion that starvation is NOT a diet tactic. Most women in my peer group (late 20's) are just now able rid themselves of food phobia. To hear people tell you to eat more seems totally absurd, but I assure you that we are not telling you this as some weird form of cyber-sabotage. There are a lot of women around here losing fat on 3 times (and more) the amount of calories you are eating a day.

It sometimes seems that people in the bodybuilding community do all sorts of deprivation because we go to such extremes to avoid eating anything that might qualify as 'junk,' but other than that, it's all about eating, eating, eating. Contest dieting is of course a different story.

You should gradually increase your calories over a week or ten days, don't just go from 600 to 1800 overnight, and even with the gradual increase you might gain a little weight because your metabolism may be quite screwed up at this point. But when you give your body adequate fuel to support its basic functions, it will give up the fat when you do cardio and weightlifting. Good luck and keep learnin.

Eating that few calories is paving the road towards anorexia. Especially at your age when your body is still growing. You will need more calories just because of that than most people older. Whoever is giving you advice is clueless. I can't believe you did clean and only 800 calories a day at your age.

Not a flame, but my jaw dropped when I read this post. At least you will be getting some good info on this board before things got REALLY dangerous.

Rebump on this one -- jills -- just need to take a lifestyle approach to successful fat loss. Even the best supps & chemicals in the world will work correctly if you have the basic stuff down. Anything that appears to provide a successful "quick fix" will only work in the short term and will probably only work once. After that your body has been freaked out and will seek to protect itself from any quick changes.

Learn the basics about diet & exercise -- 5-6 meals per day, sufficient, good quality protein / carb / fats, drink lots of water, lift hard, do cardio and let yourself have plenty of sleep to recover sufficiently from the training.

Start with that and see what you can do! If somethign isn't working (e.g. diet), tweak it a little - up your protein, drop your carbs, whatever. Most changes take 3 weeks to show results so its all a slow process, but if you establish the habits young and dont' get sucked into the ideas of quick fixes (e.g. fad diets, "low fat" foods, etc etc etc) you will be set for life!

Frankly I wish someone would've explained it all to me when I was 17. Shit, I was sitting at one of these nutrition counselors telling me to eat crackers and peanut butter and beets w/ lemon water. OMG! Its taken me 15 years, even having started lifting close to 20 years ago and going thru about every diet in the book to figure it out. And I'm still trying to understand it all....

please reply

please reply to everyone's post. this post really worried me to quite an extreme. so young and misguided. please allow everyone on this site to help you learn. i won't go into a bunch of detail, since some already have. click on the search button at the top of this page. do that over and over again w/ any and every questions.

no one on this board meant to run you off, only trying to help. you'll learn that it's best to just be right to the point and blunt about it, plus save on typing.

please post again or if your uncomfortable w/ doing that feel free to email me - [email protected]

Top Bottom