Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

help w/ seated shoulder presses

I'm kinda limited in what I can do but I've found that putting the bench back 10 degrees and using dumbells allows me to use the most weight with no shoulder or back pain. It would be nice to be able to do push presses tho :)

I also feel that this leaning back makes my body more stable and allows me to handle more weight. There probably is something to be said for needing a strong trunk when doing heavy upright shoulder presses. Sitting straight up or standing puts pressure on my lower back which is always recovering from squats or DLs, this holds me back from hitting the presses really heavy.
Will this slight leaning back take away from hitting the delts thouroughly?

As far as Im concerned thats a good way to do them. With some arch. Never does it even come close to an incline. I use some arch and I never feel the dumbells working my chest. My shoulders always get blasted. Seems unnatural to me to try and keep yourself completely straight and rigid. JMO

Tweakle said:
I'm kinda limited in what I can do but I've found that putting the bench back 10 degrees and using dumbells allows me to use the most weight with no shoulder or back pain. It would be nice to be able to do push presses tho :)

This is what I've been doing. It feels the most natural to me, and I really nail my shoulders with it.

straight standing is the way to go for delt and core strength, you can use back suppoprt if delts are your priority....

Top Bottom