Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help from you ladies that have competed

FlexKitten

I'm wondering if you shave your entire body precomp. or just the usual areas(pits bikini area, legs). The hair on my low back, stomach and arms is blond but, if it gives me abetter appearance I would shave it. What should I do?

I have naturally darker coloring although my body hair is not "out of control" LOL. I did shave once (arms) but noticed no difference.

Unless you are REALLY hairy or have DARK HAIR, I would not bother. As for blonde hair...like I said, unless you are REALLY HAIRY, I'm talking fuzz like a guy, don't mess with it. It will NOT make a difference.

My .02

Thank you bikinimom for the quick reply. I think I better shave I look like sasquash ....lmao, j/k. I think I can leave it . Thanks again,
flexkitten

:fro:

* ( he's the closest thing I could find to a sasquash lol )

I shaved everything - I'm also blonde. But when it comes time to putting on the ProTan or whatever is your tan product of choice, it looks much smoother w/o extra hair.

I actually started it as a ritual (shaving my arms, etc.) w/ that Mach 3 razor about 4 weeks before the show. First so I wouldn't have any ingrown or any results from that first couple of times you shave a new area and also to sort of mentally go into serious pre-contest prep for the show. A little silly, but it reminded me of how close my show was and kept me focused & excited.

Sassy69 said:
I shaved everything - I'm also blonde. But when it comes time to putting on the ProTan or whatever is your tan product of choice, it looks much smoother w/o extra hair.

I actually started it as a ritual (shaving my arms, etc.) w/ that Mach 3 razor about 4 weeks before the show. First so I wouldn't have any ingrown or any results from that first couple of times you shave a new area and also to sort of mentally go into serious pre-contest prep for the show. A little silly, but it reminded me of how close my show was and kept me focused & excited.

i personally haven't competed, but i have heard the same thing sassy... that it really gives you a mental edge, you feel more polished that way... i think that there are a lot of sports where comptetiors shave their bodies before competition (swimming for one, makes them feel faster)...

go for it, shave it all, (just don't nick anything!!!)... what do you really have to loose?

shaving everything sometimes gives a feeling of being totally prepared, having the total package working for you- skin looks sleeker
got those rash-like bumps when shaving an area for the first time

F*ck It! I'm doing it! I'll be 5 weeks out on Monday so if I start now I won't have any razor rash. Thanks for the little push ladies . Those words " total polished package" did it!

Anything that helps you "get in the mindset" GO FOR IT!

I would sit and watch Pumping Iron and Pumping Iron II over and over again about two weeks out. It helped me get psyched and keep me from cheating.

GOOD LUCK!:)

FK - what are your stats? what are you competing in? (bb, figure, fitness?) What do you plan to compete at? We also want pix of the event! And what's the big date?

We're not demanding, are we??? ;)

Okay let see...... My show is Aug. 18th it's the NABF Maine open in Scarbrough. I'll be competing in the women's open light weight bb class. (118 lbs. ) Stats. here it is
ht: 5'3.75"
wt: 121
b.f: ? at last check it was 14% and I've been dieting for 1 month. I'll have it checked on July 23.

shoulders:40.5" ( measured around my entire body like a shawl)
chest( flat, lol ): 36" ( standing relaxed)
bi/tri: 12"
waist: 26"
hip: 33.5"
quad: 20.5"
calf:13.5"
I've got good shoulders and quads, kinda straight through the middle( counting on the cut of the swim suit to help me with that). I've been beating the hell out of my lats trying to get some growth. I'm not that big but I'm working on it!
I started out with a figure comp. this Spring and decided the day of the show to also enter the women's open bb. I placed first in fig. and 2nd in bb. I loved it. I can't wait for this next comp.
I will try to post some photos of my first comp. and then some of my Aug. comp.
Any advice you want to throw my way ladies is greatly appreciated. thans,
FK

Top Bottom