Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Has Anyone used this site

ccrider05

I wanted to know how accurate the calculations are on this site - http://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/

Using the Body Fat, Body Mass and the weigh calculations. According to this site I need to jump out a window from my 19th floor office. I am 5'1 and weigh 114lbs. Overweight. It says on that site I should be 105lbs for my height. So I need to lose 9 lbs. And it also says my body fat according to my wrist measurement, hips, weight, forearm and waist are at 31% which is horrible. I feel like the last 10 weeks have been a wash.
I started out weighing 126lbs so I did lose quite a bit (12lbs). I can't even imagine what I have to do now to get to 105lbs. I clean eat 6 days a week and take the 7th day off.

Anyway if anyone else has used this site or can use it and tell me if its fairly accurate, I can focus on fixing my issues even more so now. Thanks

CC-Rider

ccrider05 said:
I wanted to know how accurate the calculations are on this site - http://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/

Using the Body Fat, Body Mass and the weigh calculations. According to this site I need to jump out a window from my 19th floor office. I am 5'1 and weigh 114lbs. Overweight. It says on that site I should be 105lbs for my height. So I need to lose 9 lbs. And it also says my body fat according to my wrist measurement, hips, weight, forearm and waist are at 31% which is horrible. I feel like the last 10 weeks have been a wash.
I started out weighing 126lbs so I did lose quite a bit (12lbs). I can't even imagine what I have to do now to get to 105lbs. I clean eat 6 days a week and take the 7th day off.

Anyway if anyone else has used this site or can use it and tell me if its fairly accurate, I can focus on fixing my issues even more so now. Thanks

CC-Rider

Ignore the site or any site that tells you how much you should weight. I took one of those tests and told me I had to lose 25lbs and I'm 110lbs.

That was good for a giggle.

My ideal weight was 120 lbs, and the last time I was sub 10% bodyfat I was 127 lbs.

I did the bodyfat as well, and it calculated it at about 12% higher than I get from calipers and BMI scales

I thought the calorie calculator was WAY too high though, close to 2600 kcal/day for me.

I am sure I eat that much at least once a week when I am off season, but stick to closer to 2200 the rest of the time.

Damn, I am not even going to tell ya'll how much I weigh in at 5'3"!! hehehehehe

But then again I have ZERO ISSUE wearing a bikini every darned day so I am thinkin I am lookin OKprettyGOOD.

There is no single calculator or formula or *magic* number/clothing size whathaveyou that will be correct for all women across the board. Different shapes/sizes/heights/goals = a wholelotta different shades of beautiful. The question SHOULD BE = ARE YOU COMFORTABLE IN YOUR OWN SKIN?

If not - why?

BIKINIMOM said:
Damn, I am not even going to tell ya'll how much I weigh in at 5'3"!! hehehehehe

But then again I have ZERO ISSUE wearing a bikini every darned day so I am thinkin I am lookin OKprettyGOOD.

There is no single calculator or formula or *magic* number/clothing size whathaveyou that will be correct for all women across the board. Different shapes/sizes/heights/goals = a wholelotta different shades of beautiful. The question SHOULD BE = ARE YOU COMFORTABLE IN YOUR OWN SKIN?

If not - why?

omg that is a seriously awesome post. if I had a sig. I'd quote it. That site made me feel like shit for a minute - but I have nothign to feel bad about.

If there is one thing that everyone round these parts know bout me - I give it to women straight - with NO BULLSHIT.

This type of *media BULLSHIT* really Really REALLY gets on my one last nerve.

Thanks everybody for the input. It did depress me thinking what the hell have I got to do to get to those requirements. I would end up looking like Nicole Ritchie or worse.

You guys are great at dispelling crap and I feel sorry for all the other people who hap upon that site.

Top Bottom