Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Had my very first mammogram today...

J

jenscats5

I turned 35 a couple of weeks ago, so I made an appt. for a mammogram.....I'm adopted so I don't know family history....

I was a little anxious but the whole thing wasn't bad at all!! Not really even uncomfortable. The technician (woman) was very nice & chatty, which relaxed me.....

I just wanted to say NOT to be afraid of this VERY IMPORTANT health safeguard.......it's worth it!!

Unfortunately we have quite a history of breast cancer in our family so my mom insisted I get a mamm last summer at age 20. Despite the tiny odds of finding anything abnormal at that age, I was still more than a little anxious. Like Jen's experience the tech was the mistress of relaxation so I settled down pretty quickly.

One thing I took away with me was the importance of regular self examination. You'll become familar with the natural shape and feel of your breasts and be much better at detecting any abnormalities. Even getting yearly mammograms could conceivably allow 6+ months for a tumor to metasticize.

35?! HA! I will be older at month's end!!!

I suppose this is something I should have done....

Werd said:
35?! HA! I will be older at month's end!!!

I suppose this is something I should have done....

I'm sure your new guy will check them for you if you ask nicely.....

jenscats5 said:
I turned 35 a couple of weeks ago, so I made an appt. for a mammogram.....I'm adopted so I don't know family history....

I was a little anxious but the whole thing wasn't bad at all!! Not really even uncomfortable. The technician (woman) was very nice & chatty, which relaxed me.....

I just wanted to say NOT to be afraid of this VERY IMPORTANT health safeguard.......it's worth it!!

SEE!!! i told you.
I'm glad you went and i hope everything is good.
and you are right- its very worth it- do it BEFORE you find anything wrong!

I haven't had one, but do the self-exams..........I'm scared to get it done, I've heard that it hurts to get it done when they squeeze the breast....

No breast cancer in my family (knocking on wood) So hopefully I won't need one until I hit 35...

MandieG said:
I haven't had one, but do the self-exams..........I'm scared to get it done, I've heard that it hurts to get it done when they squeeze the breast....

No breast cancer in my family (knocking on wood) So hopefully I won't need one until I hit 35...

It didn't hurt me at all.....I even went to the gym & did CV & a chest workout afterwards! Now, everyone is different, but it didn't hurt at all...

jenscats5 said:
It didn't hurt me at all.....I even went to the gym & did CV & a chest workout afterwards! Now, everyone is different, but it didn't hurt at all...

Nope, not me either. it was scary for about a second, but when i realized that it wasn't going to hurt, no big deal.
I have implants- they push the implants BACK into my chest so they can just grab breast tissue- the manipulation was worse than the actual test, but it was no problem.

Top Bottom