Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting shredded doing nothing

Your friend is absolutely right! All Phil Heath did to win the Olympia this year was sit on his arse eating dunking donuts, taking lots and lots of steroids and sipping coffee.

Now....... To be serious for a moment. I'll educate you with the one and only piece of knowledge your going to need.

YOUR FRIEND IS A BELLEND!

made me laugh

Clinical studies have shown that guys taking test lose weight and gain muscle without going to the gym; however, NOT as much as guys that were put on a gym regimen of 4x per week. So to a certain extent your friend is right. I can dig out the paper to prove that if anybody cares to read it

Clinical studies have shown that guys taking test lose weight and gain muscle without going to the gym; however, NOT as much as guys that were put on a gym regimen of 4x per week. So to a certain extent your friend is right. I can dig out the paper to prove that if anybody cares to read it

I've seen that before. Patients taking 400mg testosterone gained like 9 lbs of lean mass and lost like 2 or 3 lbs of fat in 8 weeks without working out. I'm getting the numbers wrong, but it was something along those lines. Patients taking 200mg saw no significant change.

Steroids vs Natural: It’s Not Even Close

As most of us can already guess, the average person using steroids will generally get much better results in terms of building muscle and improving performance than someone who is natural and not using anything (especially with all else being equal). That’s common sense, right?

But what might surprise you is the actual degree of difference. As it turns out, there is one specific study that shows this difference quite clearly.
The Study

This 10 week study took a group of 43 men of normal body weight between the ages of 19 and 40 who all had some degree of weight training experience. These men were then split up into 4 different groups:

Group 1 did NOT do any form of exercise, and did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing no weight training.)
Group 2 did NOT do any form of exercise, but they received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing no weight training.)
Group 3 DID exercise, but they did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing weight training.)
Group 4 DID exercise, and they also received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing weight training.)

All of their diets (calorie intake, protein intake, nutrient intake, etc.) were standardized according to each person’s body weight, recorded, verified and adjusted when needed. The 2 groups who WERE weight training (groups 3 and 4) followed the same supervised workouts each week.

Meaning, with the exception of the fact that some groups were or were not weight training, and some were or were not using drugs… everything else (diet and training) was equal and even.
The Results

So… guess what happened?

Group 1 (no exercise, natural) experienced no significant changes. No surprise there.
Group 2 (no exercise, drug use) was able to build about 7 pounds of muscle. That’s not a typo. The group receiving testosterone injections and NOT working out at all gained 7 pounds of muscle.
Group 3 (exercise, natural) was able to build about 4 pounds of muscle.
Group 4 (exercise, drug use) was able to build about 13 pounds of muscle.

So What Does This Study Show Us?

Well, for starters, if you are natural and not doing any form of weight training, your muscle building results will suck. But we all knew that already.

Second, the muscle building effects of steroids are pretty F-ing significant. Despite using identical workout routines and diets, the guys who were also receiving testosterone injections gained over 3 TIMES as much muscle as the natural guys in the same period of time. The average difference was 13lbs gained to just 4lbs gained.

And third… here’s the most insane part of all. The group getting the testosterone injections and NOT doing any form of weight training whatsoever still gained significantly more muscle than the natural guys who WERE weight training. The difference was 7lbs gained to 4lbs gained.

Let me repeat that again just in case it didn’t sink in. Guys using drugs and doing NOTHING built more muscle than the natural guys who were weight training 3 times per week. How crazy is that?

I know my article about how much muscle you can gain mentions steroid/drug use as one of the main factors that influence a person’s rate and limit of muscle growth, but did you think the effects would be THIS significant? No? Well… surprise! They are.
My Big Points

And just to clarify, I’m not telling you about this study to make it seem like everyone who uses steroids/drugs got their results without tons of hard work and effort as well. That’s definitely not true.

Instead, I’m telling you about this study to show you that:

With all else (diet, workout, effort level, etc.) being equal, steroids work a shitload better.
Even in the absence of ANY training, hard work or effort at all, steroids still work a shitload better.

Why am I telling you this? Because not being completely aware of these facts is what often causes natural men and women to make HUGE mistakes in how they train, how they eat, whose advice they trust, what realistic results they expect, what goals they set, what claims they believe, and what products and supplements they spend their money on.

Steroids vs Natural: The Muscle Building Effects Of Steroid Use

Steroids vs Natural: It’s Not Even Close

As most of us can already guess, the average person using steroids will generally get much better results in terms of building muscle and improving performance than someone who is natural and not using anything (especially with all else being equal). That’s common sense, right?

But what might surprise you is the actual degree of difference. As it turns out, there is one specific study that shows this difference quite clearly.
The Study

This 10 week study took a group of 43 men of normal body weight between the ages of 19 and 40 who all had some degree of weight training experience. These men were then split up into 4 different groups:

Group 1 did NOT do any form of exercise, and did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing no weight training.)
Group 2 did NOT do any form of exercise, but they received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing no weight training.)
Group 3 DID exercise, but they did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing weight training.)
Group 4 DID exercise, and they also received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing weight training.)

All of their diets (calorie intake, protein intake, nutrient intake, etc.) were standardized according to each person’s body weight, recorded, verified and adjusted when needed. The 2 groups who WERE weight training (groups 3 and 4) followed the same supervised workouts each week.

Meaning, with the exception of the fact that some groups were or were not weight training, and some were or were not using drugs… everything else (diet and training) was equal and even.
The Results

So… guess what happened?

Group 1 (no exercise, natural) experienced no significant changes. No surprise there.
Group 2 (no exercise, drug use) was able to build about 7 pounds of muscle. That’s not a typo. The group receiving testosterone injections and NOT working out at all gained 7 pounds of muscle.
Group 3 (exercise, natural) was able to build about 4 pounds of muscle.
Group 4 (exercise, drug use) was able to build about 13 pounds of muscle.

So What Does This Study Show Us?

Well, for starters, if you are natural and not doing any form of weight training, your muscle building results will suck. But we all knew that already.

Second, the muscle building effects of steroids are pretty F-ing significant. Despite using identical workout routines and diets, the guys who were also receiving testosterone injections gained over 3 TIMES as much muscle as the natural guys in the same period of time. The average difference was 13lbs gained to just 4lbs gained.

And third… here’s the most insane part of all. The group getting the testosterone injections and NOT doing any form of weight training whatsoever still gained significantly more muscle than the natural guys who WERE weight training. The difference was 7lbs gained to 4lbs gained.

Let me repeat that again just in case it didn’t sink in. Guys using drugs and doing NOTHING built more muscle than the natural guys who were weight training 3 times per week. How crazy is that?

I know my article about how much muscle you can gain mentions steroid/drug use as one of the main factors that influence a person’s rate and limit of muscle growth, but did you think the effects would be THIS significant? No? Well… surprise! They are.
My Big Points

And just to clarify, I’m not telling you about this study to make it seem like everyone who uses steroids/drugs got their results without tons of hard work and effort as well. That’s definitely not true.

Instead, I’m telling you about this study to show you that:

With all else (diet, workout, effort level, etc.) being equal, steroids work a shitload better.
Even in the absence of ANY training, hard work or effort at all, steroids still work a shitload better.

Why am I telling you this? Because not being completely aware of these facts is what often causes natural men and women to make HUGE mistakes in how they train, how they eat, whose advice they trust, what realistic results they expect, what goals they set, what claims they believe, and what products and supplements they spend their money on.

Steroids vs Natural: The Muscle Building Effects Of Steroid Use

Not surprising in the least, but the point is that you're not going to ger jacked and shredded just because you use steroids.

Gaining 13 lbs of muscle is a lot, but if you're a skinny weakling and gain 13 lbs of muscle, you're still a skinny weakling. Guys that are for real jacked carry atleast 40 to 60 lbs over their natural weight, depending on height of course.

I gained 72 lbs (175 to 247) in 2 years and still didn't look like a pro BB because I'm 6 foot 2. I could have hit one more cycle with tren and been over 260 then I'd've really be looking huge. Somebody that is 5 ft 10 and 247 lean looks like a freak. 4 inches makes a huge difference.

Anyways, the people saying steroids do all the work are ignorant, but you can't ignore the fact that they make otherwise impossible things happen fairly easily.

if you had low T to begin with you would benefit from getting your T levels up obviously.

but once they come off guess what will happen? so its not a long term solution. also over time things would level off and the poor lifestyle would catch up to you whether you are on hormones or not.

there are plenty of dudes who are juiced to the gills but don't even look like they workout. i see them at my gym all the time. i see them other places.. i've had them approach me and ask me where to get roids so i know they have used before. one dude was bragging to me that he benches 250 like that is some sort of accomplishment. you would have to be a weekend warrior to bench that while on juice.

also i play poker with a bunch of rich old farts who are all on HRT.. one dude can barely walk and he said he has to lose 60 pounds so he can get his knee replaced. so evidentally boosting their T hasn't solved a damn thing for them.

This is the study I was referring to earlier. My main criticism of the article (and I have considered emailing the authors for the data), is that they do not mention any data of what happened once the group stopped receiving the test. Also, no mention of any PCT. I wonder what the keepable gains were.....

Top Bottom