Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting massive traps

in case you guys didn't know, the trapezius extends far down the back. Only doing shrugs will put the emphasis primarily on the upper traps, which is good. But your trapezius almost functions as three muscles (upper, middle, and lower). The best way to target the whole thing is to do upright rows. And the reason why your wrists hurt is because when your humerous (upper arm) comes above parallel to the floor (bar to the chin) with your wrists too close. ulnar flexion occurs. Bad for wrist! anyway i found that doing them correctly and with shoulders shrugged through the entire ROM is very effective without momentum of course.

Upright rows(along with incline bb) contributed to my biceps impingement and subsiquent surgery. I would avoid them like the plague if there already uncomfortable btw heavy deads followed by one armed shrugs work for me.

genarr3 said:
I've also been told by a respected Doc not to do behind the neck lat pull downs - or really anything behind the neck.

behind the neck lat pulldown's suck for me for some reason, i was doing them for like 4 years and never doing them in the front since my weight training teacher in high school said to do them in the back, and never got wide lats, since then i have been doing front lat pull downs and now have lats, i grew some nice one's in my second cycle, and i never do behind the neck now except for shoulder presses.

about traps, ive been doing them for 6 years and only sometimes it hurts my shoulders but that is casue my grip was to wide, when i keep my hands about 2 inches apart and at the top of the lift i arch my back and no pain at all i loves theses, traps worked hard 2 times a week will give u a good peak

Top Bottom