Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting massive traps

i agree with jowers, my traps have grown tons since i quit shrugging hundreds of pounds for those power reps and went to lighter strict squeezing movements. I can get a hell of a pump with a mere 135 lbs on a straight bar, try holding your traps to your ears for 10 secs!!

I love upright rows just done some few minutes ago, now behind the neck lat pulldowns kill me I think me being short & thick I don't have much flex in that position and i can hear bones cracking in my neck if I go over 150 lbs but I do them anyway.

you guys all think that upright rows are the best for traps? i thnk i get the best results with the shrug machine.. the chair with the arms.

QuikFx said:
you guys all think that upright rows are the best for traps? i thnk i get the best results with the shrug machine.. the chair with the arms.

that shrug machine aint bad at all. ive been using it lately alternating between the machine and barbell shrugs and ive been getting better pumps every week.
the one at my gym uses actual plates which is nice. i hate those little rectangular weights on most machines.

Upright rows = waste of time IMO

Pulling a shrug at lockout of every deadlift rep destroys my traps for the next few days

Last edited:
Because uprights fuck with my wrists, i do my heavy sets with the dumbells and then hit upright rows with light weight. My traps are definately my best bodypart and it began with me altering the way that I shrugged the dumbells. Instead of holding them out of the side with the ends pointed at the mirror, I bring them in front of me, ends pointed at one another and do a sort-of quarter upright row/squeeze/shrug. It's killer. Give it a try.

I do upright rows but I do them at the end of my shoulder workout. I do not do them for traps, but they do hit your traps I guess as a secondary muscle you could say.

my traps grew best from hang cleans and deads. sometimes i do shrugs, make sure you use good form. so many people shrug heavy but their form sucks

do 600lb barbell shrugs like me...and watch'em grow like fucking weeds

Top Bottom