Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gaining weight, and the correct diet?

I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring with this post as well. We all have to admit, bodybuilding is an expensive past time when you factor in the different things you spend money on. I'm dieting right now for a contest and it costs me $100/week on solid food alone, not including supps, gym membership, and all the other stuff we like to forget about. Needless to say I understand when your coming from.

Brief Background: I'm 25 now, and when I was a senior in Highschool I wrestled @ 119lbs. My nature "offseason weight" was 135lbs so we were in the same boat. I looked in the mirror and said I'm going to do something about this, and genetics aren't going to hold me back. I'm just stubborn in that regard I suppose. While in college I researched everything on bodybuilding diet regimne, routines, etc. Naturally I went from 135-180lbs over the course of 5 years which is a hell of an accomplishment and was around 10% BF. I competed in Natural shows at the time, but wasn't happy and decided I was maxed out and needed to become an "assisted" athlete. In the course of a year I went from 180lbs-210 and kept the same BF level. That's the allure of supplements I suppose, but it's for naught if you don't have a strong base.

Back to your post: How to bulk on a budget. My suggestions are this-I have an Excel Spreadsheet I made for this, but you can find them online. You need to figure out what your Maintenance calories are based on your Height, Age Weight, Activity level and bodytype. To bulk you need to increase the Maintenance amount by 10-20% and that total is then broken down by a percentage basis. I think more than 1g/lb of protein in the body is a complete waste of your money as it isn't absorbed at a level beyond that. Do the research, positive nitrogen balance for trained athletes occurs at .8g/lb. So at 130 lbs you need a 130 g of protein per day and limit this to one protein shake. Shakes are fast absorbing and should only be used PWO as they won't provide positive nitrogen balance as long as a solid protein source will. So lets say 40 g Protein in your PWO shake coupled with twice that amount in Carbs 40g Dextrose/Maltodextrin. You have 90g of protein left for the other 5 meals you should be eating in a day. That breaks down to 18g/meal. That would be one can of Tuna which you can buy for $.50 in the States. Other cheap sources of protein are eggs, and chicken breast. Let them become your friend and they will treat you well. In regards to carbs their pretty cheap when bought in bulk as well. Never eat packs of Oatmeal it's all sugar, get the big tub. Brown rice is a nice choice as well, and my personal favorite are Yams. You should be eating 2-4g of carb/lb so call it 3g/lb 130X3=390 take out the post work out carb your down to 310 over your 5 meals which is 62g of carb per meal. Onto the fats, Fats don't make you fat excess calories do. So from good fats Almonds, Peanut Butter, Olive Oil, Flax Seed Oil, Coconut Oil you should get ATLEAST .5g fat/lb I like .75g/lb. For you that would equate to 97.5 g in the day. Don't eat the fats in your pre or post workout meal rather spread them out over your other 3 meals, which would be a little more than 32 grams per meal.

So to sum this up: Buy in Bulk from a place like Sams club, Chicken, Tuna, Eggs, Tub Oats, Yams, Brown Rice, Peanut Butter, Olive Oil, Almonds.

Your calories to bulk would be roughly 877.5 cal from fat + 520 cal from Protein + 1560 from mostly complex carbs= grand total of 2957.5. This figure increases when your bodyweight increases it's not a fixed number. This outline should give you a good idea of how to plan ahead, and bulk on your limited budget.

Hope this helps

Still trying to force my self to eat, getting hard as i'm still suffering from depression, which has gone alot worse since a few day's ago, working out as much as i can to keep my mind busy, but the bal intake is getting way lower even though i;'m forcing my self to eat when my brain is telling me i'm not hungry, today due to depression i've only eaten 500 cal's which is extremly bad, i can't force anythign else down. :(

Awhen I get depressed and stressed, I found out running in the evening for a mile or Three with good music. If you got a dog take it too, its good bonding and more calming for you after the dog gets into travel mode.
I hate running, but it brought my spirits up quite a bit man. Even though your trying to gain weight, the depression is causing you to eat worse, which is more damaging than extra cardio.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

That sounds tasty IMO, my problem is money though and steak isen't cheap around here, i've heard of some seed's from some-were and it slows down your metablism, (after all mine is fast) but apparently it tastes horrible, but i think it's that flax seed thing?

My average routine on a very strict budget normally consist's off,
Meal 1
1-2 bowls of oatmeal, flavored
Weight gainer

Meal 2
Bacon and egg butty
5-6 slices of bacon
4 slices of bread (brown)
1-3 egg's

Meal 3
Onion and bacon mash (large amount fills me up)

Meal 4 before work out
Weight gainer shake
normally something light, such as 2-4 cheese on toast

meal 5 After work out

Glass of milk or water
Protien bar

Meal 6
Chicken with veggies/meat/gamon/streak (rarly)

Snacks = youghet's, protein bars, odd sandwitch now and again.

Also one thing i do love and can eat is recently cooked tuna pasta sweetcorn

What can i change here? or does it seem okay?
thank you for shareing your's with me

Add some nuts several times a day,and in the morning after waking up get a glass of milk and a tablespoon of beanut butter.
Nuts are calorie dense and provide micro nutrients.

BTW! Smoking stunts your growth.

Wow, had a few private messages telling me to update,
been very bust, family funeral, and been told my mother needs a tube down her mouth to check her heart as something is wrong,
been on vaction with some old family members, gained quite a little bit of weight i now weigh 9 stone 4 instead of 8 stone 10
I can now lift dumbells 3 set's with 24 kg (around 55 pounds) with 15 each time, slowly getting better, and still struggling with family issue's
By the way while i was away for the 2 weeks i went to the gym there and it was amazing compared to some other's wasen't massive but had what you needed.

Top Bottom