Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gaining Muscle Back After a Long Break

sdupdike

Ok, so I've been out of the gym for over 3 months, after competing in figure comps for the last 4 years. I'm currently 5 months pregnant and just getting back to the gym. Obviously my workouts are not what they used to be. I had extreme morning sickness earlier on and just could not go. Now I'm feeling somewhat better and decided it was time to get my butt back in the gym. I feel like I've lost all of my strength and muscle that I've worked so hard for the past few years. What should I be doing now to build or maintain what I have left? And how fast will it come back after the baby when I'm finally able to get back to some real workouts? At this point, I feel like I'm starting all over and I can't really push myself much being 5 months pregnant. Help?

As a side note, I'm not able to eat 100% clean either. I'm still having food aversions and some sickness, and I just can't do the clean diet like I was used to doing. I still eat way more healthy that a "normal" person, but that may not be saying much!

Congrats on the little one and welcome back I remember you. Daisy is the expert on fit pregnancies my only suggestion is listen to your body don't push to hard and do what you can. Also remember a clean diet competition style is not necessarily the best thing for a growing baby keep it all in reason and I am certain post pregnancy you will get where you want to be.

You don't see pregnant women in the gym all that often, but if you had this level of fitness before, there is no reason not too, obviously with some modifications.

Welcome back! You might want to just talk to your ob to see what exercises you can do... I know anything where you are bearing down is a no-no. Just eat healthy and do what you can do...It will all come off pretty easy if this is your first one. I have had three....

Thanks for the responses. I already have a 6 yr old, so this is my second. And I guess for now I will just do what I can do, and hope it comes back quickly after the baby is here. If I can continue to workout until then and maintain what I still have, hopefully it won't be too bad. I'm hoping to get back to competing maybe late next year, about 12 - 15 months after the baby is born. At least that's the goal for now. Wish me luck!

Top Bottom