Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Front squats

Ok so I tried doing front squats on my last leg day and I couldn't overcome the pain to my wrists from the Oly stance used for front squats. I tried using the crossed arm aproach and couldn't control the weight enough. Any pointers on would be greatly appreciated.

Ok so I tried doing front squats on my last leg day and I couldn't overcome the pain to my wrists from the Oly stance used for front squats. I tried using the crossed arm aproach and couldn't control the weight enough. Any pointers on would be greatly appreciated.

Only other option would be to use straps with the oly version so u don't have to bend the wrists as far, do you know the version I mean?

I love them but they can be difficult to do. If you have a lot of arm development the clean position is hard to do. If you have good upper chest development there's a nice groove to sit the bar in though.

Only other option would be to use straps with the oly version so u don't have to bend the wrists as far, do you know the version I mean?
Yup. I think I posted a clip of the strapped version on this same thread so I'll have to check it out again to get a better idea.

I love them but they can be difficult to do. If you have a lot of arm development the clean position is hard to do. If you have good upper chest development there's a nice groove to sit the bar in though.
The groove you speak of is exactly where I put the bar and it's comfortable there. Also with my arms that much more open (as per the Oly stance) I have much more control over the weight, especially past 315lbs (cross armed stance is no good for me past 315lbs). Unfortunately my flippin arms are getting a little bigger right now because I am actually concentrating on them for once haha. Maybe I have to work on flexibilty as well but the pain I am feeling in my wrists/forarms seems to be that of overload, not hyperextension, if that makes sense.

Top Bottom