Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For you over 250 lbs...

Consider someone 4"0' weighing 251 as against someone 6"5' weighing 251. If you only take bodyweight into account then these two guys should be fairly matched. I trust that everyone can see that it's unlikely that they would be.

coeus said:
You guys are all beasts!!!
I'm weighin in at 225 now ~15%, but my lifts are nowhere near all of yours... Gotta keep at it!

"Scotsman:
Hammer curls 100lb db's for 5 each arm"

I'd love to see the look on some of the bicep-squad guys faces while they're swinging with 40lbs and you're banging out 100lbers.... :p

I think people assume I am about to do shrugs when I pick up anything over the 75's. I then get the "oh no it's Godzilla" look, but I am used to that since I lift at a pretty sissy gym.

Cheers,
Scotsman

sidney61199 said:
lee, I find it funny you defend your point so strongly. There are two sides of the argument if you think so or not. Sure you have farther to go with the weight but hell you can support more weight with your frame than people my size could lift due to the fact that your size makes you more stabil in dealing with heavier weights. So you can argue the "I have farther to move the weight" point and I'll argue "for your size who gives a crap if you have to move it farther".

I do apolagize for high jacking the thread, I just thought I'd bring another side to the issue into view. I'm not saying that anyone is right or wrong just that there are two ways to look at it.

What the hell are you blabbering about. How does having a longer frame make it easier to support more weight on something like bench press? Having longer arms means at full extension its further from my body, which means my arms have to work extra to keep it stable. What I was trying to say is that being short has a plus on some lifts, and being tall has a plus on some lifts. I defend my point strongly because I'm right.

I can make this whole thing real simple.

Any person picking up 300 lbs or greater on any lift...You have my respect.

Now on certain lifts like curls and others...use your common sense...all of us know the definition of heavy.

Lee, dude, chill. I'm talking the weight advantage. The more you weigh the more weight you should be able to handle. The whole length thing is out of the picture I'm talking weight here. Notice in the quote that you quoted me I keep refering to "farther to go" (which would be the distance the weight travels) and "Size" (the over all size of the individual, as in mass/weight).

Also did anyone notice the guy who won the lift/strenght competion at the Arnold Clasic (I live in columbus where it's held) was 7'1"? He had to move the weight a little extra distance and still won. Don't quote me on the exact weight (I'm sure it could be found on the net) but I think he dead lifted like 1000lbs or some thing.

Taller shouldn't be a hinderence, unless the height is accompanied by unusual proportions (which seems to be the case often times). If I were 8 feet tall but all my proportions remained the same, I'm sure my strength : weight ratio would be identical.

My argument is simply...if you are going to look at relative factors...you have to examine them all.

Your weight is not the single determination of how heavy your lift is....

Recently I have dropped 17lbs...my bench is still the same...does that mean I am lifting more...Naaaah, still feels the same heavy...

This weight argument came from some sawed off little turd who was intimidated by a bigger guy. Just the same way the argument of "size doesnt matter" comes from a woman trying to console her short penis husband.

i'm 5'10" but i'd much rather be about 5-6 inches taller and be that much wider as well - a BW of 300lbs would be much more gettable then. at this height, if i could get to 260, that would be very good.

Top Bottom