Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Females advice on leg workouts-HELP!!

Not an aerobic workout at all. Perhaps I need to make it clearer. Make sure that you are taking long enough rests in between. I train my legs with the same rest time and intensity as the rest of my body. I train heavier with fewer reps for my upper body, but still take the time to do the exercises correctly and not to quickly. My mother and I are training partners, so it ensures that we are both getting the rest needed.

I just re-read your post and noticed you are a fitness competitor.

I guess I'm biased and try to go as heavy as possible since my physique/goals are more bb-ing style...I've never done more than 4 sets of most exercises!!

:eek:

P.S. I've noticed that most guys on these boards want to add muscle...it seems ladies want less .... I find that the heavier I lift and fewer reps I do the smaller I get....go figure.

I'm with wilson6....balance.

Last edited:
SC

I'll tell you that my trainer is ruthless, I figure that it's punishment for the having to give birth to me and for the years of pain and suffering that I caused her. I hate doing rep sets :mad: Once in a while she'll let me train heavy, it's so wonderful :D I never get to do less then five set for any exercise including upper body.

strongchick said:
I just re-read your post and noticed you are a fitness competitor.

I guess I'm biased and try to go as heavy as possible since my physique/goals are more bb-ing style...I've never done more than 4 sets of most exercises!!

:eek:

P.S. I've noticed that most guys on these boards want to add muscle...it seems ladies want less .... I find that the heavier I lift and fewer reps I do the smaller I get....go figure.

I'm with wilson6....balance.

I'm with you SC... at the weight i go, i CANT do more than 4 sets... my legs are stubborn as hell to grow... i go as heavy as possible (it takes me about a couple of min to load up the sled on the leg press :) 5 plates a side)...

such is life... the people who don't want the muscles are always the ones that get them and the people who want 'em have to work their asses off... (why is that?, or is it just that people are never happy with the body they're given? :) )

I think I posted this on the training board, but anyway--

If you don't want bigger legs, you might try a different approach to exercising them--find a ballet class, or try Pilates (the reformer, not the mat class.) Both will use Isometric prinicples to work the muscles, and will stretch your leg muscles out.

I used to do a lot of Pilates as a rehab exercise when I hurt my neck (insurance paid for lessons!) and I think it's a great alternative to weights/machines.

Top Bottom