Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

feeling totally, completely hopeless :(

ok bikini mom i will do that. :)

So far today;

BRK: 2 eggs scrambled, 2 strip bacon, coffee
Lunch: salad *bagged*( prob. 2c.) with couple pinches cheddar, cherry tomatoes, ranch dressing (yeah the reg. whole fat kind, which is ok when low carbing so that is what i got) not sure of amt. probably 1-2 tbs.
meal 3: 1 slice of papa johns bbq chicken pizza :worried: This was baaad i know. I just needa go to the grocery store asap.

OK.... first off I want you to change the way you view "food" and "diet".

Diet is now to be used in regards to what YOU DO eat and not food depravation.

ie - "The koala bear's diet consists of eucalyptus leaves."

OK?

Next thing I want you to think of ALL FOOD as fuel, nothing more and nothing less. The type and quantity of that food will change as your energy expenditure and fitness goals change.

:)

That's enough lecture for today. GET TO THE STORE AND BUY LOTS OF GREAT FOOD!!!!

Great advice from all the ladies here.

I like to think deep sometimes...:)

Think of your body as an orchestra. All of our systems, organs. muscles, cells,hormones,fluids and chemicals play a different tune. They work solo, but only when they're played 2-gether can you appreciate the total symphony of your own biology.

YOU being the conductor, control how the instruments interact and what the final results will be in the end.

IF you have a few bad days, forgive yourself and keep playin the music. Once you get in tune, it'll be better than any kind of music you've heard before!

GOOD LUCK.

:FRlol: Thanks ladies that helps put things in perspective.
But what do you suggest that i buy. I am just unsure of like "what" to buy and "what to fix" putting them all together into a meal is like ughhh! Plus i gotta please picky kiddos.
I have some frozen chicken breast tenders in the freezer, and some eggs.....some cans of tuna, salad mix... ????what else and some quick meal ideas for work and home would be much appreciated.

getnfit06 said:
ok bikini mom i will do that. :)

So far today;

BRK: 2 eggs scrambled, 2 strip bacon, coffee
Lunch: salad *bagged*( prob. 2c.) with couple pinches cheddar, cherry tomatoes, ranch dressing (yeah the reg. whole fat kind, which is ok when low carbing so that is what i got) not sure of amt. probably 1-2 tbs.
meal 3: 1 slice of papa johns bbq chicken pizza :worried: This was baaad i know. I just needa go to the grocery store asap.

Food is not good or bad, it's just food.

It does have various impacts on your body.

I think it has a BIG impact on emotions and how you feel. Some foods will keep your mood quite balanced, and generally happy. Some will make you a bit hyper then sleepy/drained (sugar).

Having a pizza or hamburger every now, no big.

It really is about calories in and out.

Having two-four slices, fine. Eating a whole large pizza by yourself, well, you will probably eat too many calories for the day.

Hey, I used to be a hamburger and fries diet type of girl. Now, if I have one of those weird days where I don't get enough veggies, I really miss them and have extra the next day.

I crave stuff like beet root, red lentils, pumpkin seeds, green leafy stuff, chicken, beef, oatmeal, PEANUT BUTTER, almond butter, hazelnut butter, spinach...............I think you get the idea.

But that didn't happen overnight.

You may want to try eating more meals in the day. I have done up to 8. Right now 5-6 is working for me.

I also don't think the low carb thing is really a long term eating plan.

I am dieting with babynew potatoes and rye or sprouted wheat bread.

Ezekiel bread is AWESOME, but you can't get it in the UK.

I would start to introduce carbs into your diet. Having a half cup of oatmeal or shredded wheat in the morning with eggs or some whey protein would be a good way to start.

Also fruit is ok, cause while it is a carb, it doesn't spike insulin.

It does induce the central path of metabolism, glyconeogenesis, which does turn carbs into energy the body can use (ATP and NADP)

getnfit06 said:
:FRlol: Thanks ladies that helps put things in perspective.
But what do you suggest that i buy. I am just unsure of like "what" to buy and "what to fix" putting them all together into a meal is like ughhh! Plus i gotta please picky kiddos.
I have some frozen chicken breast tenders in the freezer, and some eggs.....some cans of tuna, salad mix... ????what else and some quick meal ideas for work and home would be much appreciated.

This thread has links to about 4-5 sample diets.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...hreads-must-read-full-information-363631.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shopping List for Newbies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Healthy Grocery List Fresh Vegetables
Lettuce Other Greens Cucumbers Carrots
Asparagus Zucchini Radishes Tomatoes
Green Beans Onions Green Onions Peppers
Cauliflower Broccoli Peas Celery
Potatoes Corn Sweet Potatoes Squash
Other Vegetables:
____________ ____________ ____________

Fresh Fruits
Bananas Apples Oranges Pears
Peaches Nectarines Grapefruit Berries
Other Fruits:

Frozen Foods
Green Beans Peas Mixed Vegetables Carrots
Chicken Breasts Fruit Juice Bars Blueberries Corn
Fish Fillets Onions Vegetarian Burgers Shrimp
Other Frozen:

Canned Foods
Black Beans Tomatoes Marinara Sauce Tuna
Salmon Pinto Beans White Beans Pineapples
Other Canned Foods:

Meats
Lean Hamburger Pork Chops Steaks Fish
Shell Fish Chicken Turkey Ham
Other Meats:

Grains and Cereals
Whole Grain Bread Whole Grain Pasta Whole Grain Cereal Oatmeal
Other Grains: Quinoa, buckwheat, spelt, amaranth, barley

Beverages
100% Fruit Juice Sparkling Water Tomato Juice Herb Tea
Other Beverages:

Dairy and Eggs
Low Fat Sour Cream Low Fat Milk Cheddar Cheese Butter
Low Fat Cream Cheese Colby Cheese Mozzerella Cheese Yogurt
Other Dairy:

Miscellaneous Items
Herbs and Spices Sesame Oil Low Fat Dressings Mustard
Low Fat Mayonaise (HMMMMMM) Honey Low Sodium Soy Sauce Walnuts
Pumpkin Seeds Mixed Nuts Walnuts Pecans
Flax Seeds Olive Oil Walnut Oil Garlic

This will sound lame but read this book. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. It will help you understand why you do the things you do. I found it to be extremely helpfull in life, my perspective and my ability to accomplish things.
It may help you figure out why you have not let yourself accomplish certain goals in life like sticking to your past meal plans.

slat1 said:
This will sound lame but read this book. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. It will help you understand why you do the things you do. I found it to be extremely helpfull in life, my perspective and my ability to accomplish things.
It may help you figure out why you have not let yourself accomplish certain goals in life like sticking to your past meal plans.

What he said.

A lot of issues with food, motivation, drive, how you are being about being well and fit has the basis in past experiences, emotions, things you decided about yourself when you were younger.

I have been a chubbette, and I remember the first time I actually looked at the reasons behind why I would comfort eat and dealt with them honestly, the weight just FELL off me even though a lot of things in my diet didn't change drastically.

getnfit06 said:
Plus i gotta please picky kiddos.

Tat hooked you up BIGGGG TIME!

Your above comment struck a passion inside of me; your "picky kids".

How old are your children? Could you have them in the kitchen with you? You might find that IF you involve them in the cooking( if they are old enough) THEY will become thrilled at eating what they help you prepare. Hey, it's worth a try. It'll also help teach them your new healthy cooking skills. Worth a try if they are old enough.

Also, I find it easier to cook on the weekends for the next week's menu. I spend several hours on Saturday to prepare my menu for the following week.I cook what I can beforehand so there is ZERO stress when I come home from work. Many people fall into eating unhealthy when they do not feel like cooking after work. It's far easier to grab unhealthy choices when you are bogged down with family and chores after work. Just an idea for you.

Get those kids involved as soon as possible. They'll love you for it later in life! :)

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I am gonna try Daisy girls diet, but am a little unsure about amounts. I am 5' tall and right now about 116lbs (which is the MOST i've ever weighed) :-[ I am not a muscular person at all, i wonder if I could even develop a muscle. My mom has always been overweight and NO MUSCLE just cellulite. I am looking more and more like her all the time. I am scared!
I'm thinking I should eat a little less than her plan probably??? she's much taller than I.
What can i put on chicken breasts? I like chicken but not so much the white meat ;p What is a good thing to put on them to juicy and flavor them up, because i'm not disciplined enough to eat something that tastes blah, just because it will help me.
Oh and the kids are Gabi-almost 14, chase-11, pierce-8 :heart:

Top Bottom