Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

feedback on routine, any advice greatly appreciated!

I'll say it then. Isolation exercises are not important. Sure, they have their benefits, but if trainees in general stopped fucking around with isolation movements so much, everyone would be bigger, stronger and much more awesome. And I don't think the original poster mentioned that he wanted to be a bodybuilder soooo...

But I do understand your love for biceps iron warrior...after all biceps are to bodybuilders what the back is to weight lifters...

What u trying to say?? I dont just do biceps, who told you that, and my back is probaby the strongest part of my body, and i dont do deadlifts so i must be small.. Also if jay cutler stopped fuking around with isolation exercise he would be bigger?? LMAO..

The comment wasn't that isolation doesn't build mass but that it doesn't build mass as well as compound lifts. So where is the problem in what was said? Not to mention being a dick to a mod is probably not the smartest thing to do.

Sent from my DROIDX using EliteFitness

Who told you that?? Isolation exercise target the muscle you are working, compund lifts bring several other muscle group in to play to lift the weight.. That doenst mean compund lift are not important, i myself always start with a compound lift, on chest bench press, on back latpull down, on legs leg press or squat, shoulders, shoulder press, that doesnt mean isolation cant build as much mass as compound exercise, so yo are clueless on that point..

oh boy.

go back up and read the workout style I listed for him. it involves compounds lifts AND isolation.

the OP said he doesn't like to do compound lifts, only isolation. and I said that isn't gonna build muscle mass. if you seriously believe that you will build big and strong legs doing leg curls all day vs. doing deadlifts and squats then you must be out of your mind.

you have a pattern of posts where you are a general hothead with people, tone it down. this isn't the marines and you aren't our drill sargent. so respect others, we aren't like other boards that let people be jerks to each other

I wasnt trying to be a dick bro, just gave out my opinion i dunno why you got so mad.. And i dont know whats that bomb you gave me, but its cute..

Who told you that?? Isolation exercise target the muscle you are working, compund lifts bring several other muscle group in to play to lift the weight.. That doenst mean compund lift are not important, i myself always start with a compound lift, on chest bench press, on back latpull down, on legs leg press or squat, shoulders, shoulder press, that doesnt mean isolation cant build as much mass as compound exercise, so yo are clueless on that point..

You think that isolation exercise is going to put on as much over all mass than say squatting or deadlifting? Lmao and I am the one who is clueless? How cute. It is well known and proven numerous times that the body releases a much higher rate of gh when loading the spine and performing compound exercise than let's say curling. I agree there is a need for isolation exercise especially for symettry but I would rethink the building of mass being equal.

I wasnt trying to be a dick bro, just gave out my opinion i dunno why you got so mad.. And i dont know whats that bomb you gave me, but its cute..

it lets other posters know you are a dick when you have red karma. cause frankly every one of your posts is cocky and know it all.

cause i have so much of it I can dish it out red and put you red bigtime every post you make. thats how our karma system works. now when you make a good post I will hit you back green so that will give you positive karma. when you fix your attitude and treat others on here with respect i'm sure you will start getting greened.. in the mean time expect to continue getting red.

also there is a guy at my gym who does zero isolation.. he is built like a freight train. 275 pounds, 6 feet. 6 pack. he never curls, he does pulls and pullups/chinups.. which are compound lifts. compound lifts release growth in the body and other hormones that send signals to the body to get stronger and grow. isolation lifts are great for working red muscle fibers and tearing up muscle.. they both have their place HOWEVER you need compound lifts... its the foundation to a workout IMO.

but i do enjoy isolation lifts mostly to get a chance to look at myself in the mirror and see my progress, but compound lifts are what separates the weak from the strong in the gym.

thats fine your opinion is different, however you should learn to post your opinion and be done with it. you seem to like to express your opinion then give out an insult.. that doesn't make people listen to your opinion, it makes people ignore it. EF is all about giving and getting back, whatever board you came from you were allowed to act like that, but not here.

Last edited:
Ok, will use olympic bar. I asked about the deadlifts b/c it says 1 x 5 on the sl 5 x 5 page.
On the dead lifts the reason is because you are doing dead lifts and squats in the same workout. That is a tremendos stress to your central nervous system (cns). While you do want to stress your cns you dont want to burn out.
As the weights go up in the program this will get to be quite a load for you, and then you will appreciate how this program has been laid out.

Also dont be afraid to start too light. When I did this my first time, on OHP I started with just the bar. I felt that it was too light so I just added more reps. Then as I moved on in the program and the weights got heavier I backed to reps off to the 5x5.

Also dont be afraid to eat. You will find that you really have to eat to get the full benefit out of this system. It takes a hell of a lot of cals and protein to build muscle. I would suggest that you log your food intake on Fit Day.
Feel free to ask all the question you want and feel free to pm me if you want.

A
Squat 5 x 5
Bench Press 5 x 5
Barbell Row 5 x 5

B
Squat 5 x 5
Overhead Press 5 x 5
Deadlift 1 x 5

Regards bro and enjoy!:D

You think that isolation exercise is going to put on as much over all mass than say squatting or deadlifting? Lmao and I am the one who is clueless? How cute. It is well known and proven numerous times that the body releases a much higher rate of gh when loading the spine and performing compound exercise than let's say curling. I agree there is a need for isolation exercise especially for symettry but I would rethink the building of mass being equal.

Please show me the study that say the body release gh when doing compound exercise, i have read over 10 scientific studies that shows the body release the most growth hormone when lactic acid is build up in the muscle which means doing lots of sets at 8-12 reps (getting a pump), however the body release most testosterone when doing heavy weight at 4-8 reps.. When have you seen a pro bodybuilder revolve his workout around deadlift and squat?? YUP NONE......

it lets other posters know you are a dick when you have red karma. cause frankly every one of your posts is cocky and know it all.

cause i have so much of it I can dish it out red and put you red bigtime every post you make. thats how our karma system works. now when you make a good post I will hit you back green so that will give you positive karma. when you fix your attitude and treat others on here with respect i'm sure you will start getting greened.. in the mean time expect to continue getting red.

also there is a guy at my gym who does zero isolation.. he is built like a freight train. 275 pounds, 6 feet. 6 pack. he never curls, he does pulls and pullups/chinups.. which are compound lifts. compound lifts release growth in the body and other hormones that send signals to the body to get stronger and grow. isolation lifts are great for working red muscle fibers and tearing up muscle.. they both have their place HOWEVER you need compound lifts... its the foundation to a workout IMO.

but i do enjoy isolation lifts mostly to get a chance to look at myself in the mirror and see my progress, but compound lifts are what separates the weak from the strong in the gym.

thats fine your opinion is different, however you should learn to post your opinion and be done with it. you seem to like to express your opinion then give out an insult.. that doesn't make people listen to your opinion, it makes people ignore it. EF is all about giving and getting back, whatever board you came from you were allowed to act like that, but not here.

Ok, i will stop arguing and let everyone do what they like the most and get the most results.. Fair nough... Now give me the greens son...:D

Please show me the study that say the body release gh when doing compound exercise, i have read over 10 scientific studies that shows the body release the most growth hormone when lactic acid is build up in the muscle which means doing lots of sets at 8-12 reps (getting a pump), however the body release most testosterone when doing heavy weight at 4-8 reps.. When have you seen a pro bodybuilder revolve his workout around deadlift and squat?? YUP NONE......

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark55.htm
Here's one

Ill be back with more. It is a common known principle actually highly surprised you don't know this but since you want to keep up your useless jargan I will play.

Oops here's another
http://www.building-muscle101.com/best-way-to-gain-muscle.html
A entire discussion on a forum about this.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/archive/index.php/t-533782.html

Man it just goes on and on. Oh and ever heard if arnold? He was just one pro that centered his program around compound lifts. There are many others but this is starting to bore me. If you want to keep believing the muscle and fitness mags by all means go right ahead. But don't ever question knowledge on a subject you have proven your own ignorance in. Ever heard of Mehdi. Yeah probably not. He invented the stronglifts program. Why because so many people were not getting the results off of there bb splits with isolation exercise. So what did he do? Be examined the PROS routines. Their real routines.not the ones the mags published and the best of the best built their routines around squatting deadlifiting and the like. Why? Because it works.

I am actually going to follow up with this. For a seriously advanced lifter there are probably more isolation exercises used such as in pro bodybuilders because they have built the house. However they did not build the house without compound lifts. So when I get back to the comp I will green you up bro and just agree to dis agree.

Top Bottom