Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Favorite/good Glute exercises?

spatterson said:
I would think, biomechanically, that doing it on the floor would be harder on the lower back than doing it on a hyper machine. On a hyper you can rest the quads against the mat, on the floor, there's no support to the front of the leg. Your lower back compensates for the fulcrum in the movement. If your back is not easily irritated, I could see this working.

Just a "heads up" ...but this movement should be performed with a rounded back...do NOT arch your back. If you arch your back...it will do most of the work. With a rounded back the gluts and hams carry most of the load...which is what you want.

spatterson said:
I understand that. My lower back gets *tweaked* easily, and if I did the movement without support again my quads, it would be very difficult for me to keep my back rounded because I would be tightening it, as well as my hams and glutes, to pull back up. I'm just a gimp; the rest of you can probably do this... :)

Every try good mornings..and I dont mean wakin up to sex...I mean Arched Back Good Mornings. If it is a muscular weakness they are the best exercise for it...short of a reverse hyper machine

Hannibal said:

Every try good mornings..and I dont mean wakin up to sex...I mean Arched Back Good Mornings. If it is a muscular weakness they are the best exercise for it...short of a reverse hyper machine
]

i prefer the other kind... hehe.. sorry, i'm bein' bad...

Here I am tryin to BEHAVE..and you ladies are tryin to turn this into a "Sheets" thread. You women are gonna get me in trouble with the Female Sherriffs around here:(

:angel:

Spatt...any question on how to do the GM just ask. And I even know how you can simulate the reverse hyper movement...it will work wonders for a tweaked back.

mmmmmmm good morning....see its not my fault *points finger* they started it

:angel:

spatterson said:
Naughty girls need love too.

Give me all the specs so I can print it for my trainer. We do them, but I want to see how your suggested form may be different than his.

...no naughty girls need a spankin :p

GM FORM

165_tnt_gm.jpg

Learn to sit back on your good mornings. Most people don’t realize a good morning is really a builder of the entire postier chain. When you bend over, you want to try to keep a neutral back and push the hips back so you feel the hamstrings stretch. You don’t want to just bend over because as you work up in weight the movement will turn into more of a quarter squat. This places too much stress on the spine and not enough on the hamstrings.

The bar should be somewhat LOW on your shoulders not on your traps. There should be somewhat of a groove on the rear delts (depending on developement) that the bar should lock right into. The hands should be WIDE....all the way out to the collars if possible. The elbows should be UNDER the bar...not chickenwinged behind it. You should pull the bar down..trying to "bend it across your back"...this locks the upper back in. Your feet placement can be varied for different angles. But you should always push your knees out...and sit back while doing GM's and squats for that matter. If you MUST wear a belt in training...you should take all your air into your tummy...not your chest...and push your abs OUT against the belt. This increases the interabdominal pressure and makes your core alot more stable. GM's, contrary to popular belief, are very safe. If you do them right...even pec dec is dangerous if you dont know what you are doing.

As a side not Spatts....if you REALLY want to bring your low back up...try reverse hypers. Since I would be willing to bet that you dont have access to a machine...you can simulate it by laying a couple 2X10's across the safety pins in a power rack. Lay face down with your feet hanging off...and make sure your hips are off the boards as well. Then flex your gluts and hams to get your legs in line with your torso...then let you legs go...and allows them to go under your face. This stretch...opens up the spinal disks and allows fluid to pass into them. It is almost like a tractions device. Once you have gotten stronger at them you can add resistance by putting a db between your feet.

Starting position...
hyper_2.gif

Finish position...
hyper_3.gif

Hope this helps....dont want to be spankin a loose caboose;)

WarLobo said:
Excellent posting Hanniblal, can't give any more Karma. I love that last machine too.

The Founder of the Feast speaks....thanks Lobo. I try to share what little bit of knowledge I have...it distracts you Mods from the gratuitous flirting.

Yeah the reverse hyper is the greatest piece of equipment for strengthening your core. Unfortunately the Pro Model costs $1200...luckily I found a friend that built me one that is even sturdier for $600. The home gym is coming along nicely...but that is another thread.

unfortunately our hyperextension machine is one of those on an incline.....anyone give those pull throughs a try yet? im gonna try them out......

Question

I have another question what would this Excercice (pull throughs) be considered
Isolation, Compound, Stretch?
And would you do this towards the end of a Leg Day if You are doing other butt excercises.

Thanks CC

Top Bottom