Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Equipment

Deciever

As of now i compete raw, and i will be buying some equipment (bench shirt, squat suit, belt, and maybe squat breifs).

the thing is im not sure of which to get..

I'll most likely get the double Z suit as my squat suit. and if i get briefs, the extra heavy duty ones.

For belt, im not sure which one is better, the classic 2 prong competition belt, or the new lever belt. I need some input on these to base my decision on.

and for bench shirt, shuld i get a single ply poly, or double ply poly (i dont think im ready for denim yet). and after i decide which ply toget, which one should i get (the standard blast, HD, EHPHD, high performance.. etc)

any opinions would help

I think a lot of this depends on the fed you are lifting in. The USAPL only allows single ply for instance. On the other hand, if you lift in a fed that is more liberal, you may buy a shirt for instance, that will not allow you to touch your chest if you aren't strong enough to pull it down.

I'm like you, I've always lifted raw so all of this is new to me too. Someone more knowledgable than I would have a better opinion.

I just bought new equipment too, I lift in the IPF (CPU) so i cant wear a bunch of stuff like double ply. If your going the single ply route then the EHPHD shirt is really good. I ordered a titan centaurion but have not recieved it yet so i can't say how it preforms yet. I got the inzer lever belt and i love it. I used to have a double prong and it was a pain to get the prongs in the holes but with this its a snap.

thanks. the inzer lever looks like a great belt and i talked to some guy who had it, who said it wasnt any better than the double prong, just easier to get on

This may sound radical, but why not just get stronger and not worry about artificial aids to increase your lifts?

IMHO, support gear has made a joke out of the sport of powerlifting.

Your opinion isn't going to go very far on this board. If you are competing against equipped competitors, you want to be equipped with the best.

If you want to compete raw, go ahead. It's not like we are getting this equipment to go and brag about our benches to some chest/bicep beach fags. Almost everyone on this board already competes or is going to in the near future.

BTW, the process isn't quite as simple as getting good equipment and allowing it to increase your lifts. You still get in that gym everyday and bust your ass without the equipment, making yourself stronger.

IMHO, we mostly lift in equipped organizations on this board, and if you show up to a meet that allows double denim, but compete without a shirt, you are putting yourself at a huge disadvantage.

I would not go to a track meet where everyone else is wearing state of the art spikes, and running on an artificial, engineered surface, and offer to run the 100 meters barefoot, and in the grass, without the benefit of starting blocks.

We train without the equipment on, for the most part, and wear the equipment to compete.

B

sguthrie: I respect your opinion a lot. Please understand that when I get to a strongman contest and they tell us that we can use knee wraps, elbow sleeves, cleats, etc...and I see my competition using them...I will too. I am not going to train as hard as I do and get to a contest and be beaten by someone who plays by the rules of that organization. I do understand where you are comming from though.

I have had a few friends say that they do not like the lever belts for one reason or another...as well as the double prong ones. I have an inzer single prong and love it!!!!!!

B True

i wish there was a store that sold them around me so i oculd try them on and see how they feel and stuff...

Top Bottom