Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating 6 times a day,- please help!

Jon.W.

High End Bro
Platinum
Hi evry1, I'm a total novice and I've only been using a weights bench for a few months now, I have a question about eating. How does everyone manage to eat 5-6 times a day( I only have time for 5) while doing other things such as working, to get money to pay for all these supplements e.t.c. I would really appreciate people replying and telling me how they get around this problem and how you can cram 6 meals into you waking day? And also, my legs are way too thin and I was wondering how often I could get away with traning them every week seeing as i have been doing squats and deadlifts for about a month? Also, could someone please tell me how you do sitting calf raises? Thanks in advance...

Hey bro.

Couple points of advice. For your meal situation, I suggest a thermos, and some gladware containers. The basic idea is to have your food around all the time for when you need it.

It is much easier to drink calories than eat them, and it's also more time efficient. A good meal replacement powder blended, and poured into a thermos, will be easy to carry and drink. Your doing good at 5 meals a day, so to get in that magical 6th, try to get used to eating every 3 hours or so.

For your legs, Well bro, building muscle takes time, I have been doing this for 14 years, and have put on about 125 lbs. of muscle. ( I started out at 185. lbs. at 37% body fat. and currently weigh 285 lbs. at 13.5%). so all in all about 8- 10 lbs a year.

For your legs, If you have good health, no medical problems or injuries, Then SQUATS. Straight back, parallel, no lock out, brutality at it's best. Go slow, use strict form, and squeeze your quads throughout the movement. Combine these with stiff leg deadlifts, and your on your way to classic stems ( legs).

Keep pumping, have patience, and do your best always, and results will be yours. :D E

i eat 5 meals a day. easily.

its not about getting that 6th meal in per se. if you are making your calorie requirement in 5 meals, then youre set. 6 is not a magic number nor is 789 or 10. 4 may be a bit too low depending on how long your day is. 5 seems comfortable for most people's days though. remember you want to get plenty of rest so your waking hours may be shorter, thus you cant eat maybe 6x, but 5 may be more pheasable. if you have long days then 6 may be more do-able.

These guys are exactly right. Just keep this main dietary principle in mind regardless of how many "meals" you are getting down: In order to put on muscle, your body will need a fairly constant supply of amino acids (from dietary protein) and carbs for muscle sparing purposes. That's why it's recommended that bodybuilders eat 5-6 times daily. Truthfully, it would be better if you could just sort of "graze" all day...kind of like cattle. (Bad example, I know...but stick with me.) As long as the body is being fed, the chances of slipping into catabolism are slim to none.

The human body finds muscle very metabolically "expensive." It hesistates in adding muscle for this reason. Your body doesn't want to be stuck with all this calorie-requiring muscle tissue to maintain and then a famine hit. (The human body's metabolism still operates as if we were living in the wild...without the aboundance of food that today's technology has supplied us.) Here's where 6 meals a day comes in. You are, in a sense, tricking your body into thinking it is going to be receiving consistent, high protein meals every few hours. This will keep the anabolic gears turning, you body will feel "safe" in adding the muscle because it knows it will be getting the calories to burn and the aminos to support it. That's why you must be consistent with your meals.

By the way, you will need a seated calf raise machine in order to do seated calf raises.

Be patient and persistent. Good luck.

Top Bottom