Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Draining Ground Beef Juice - add olive oil later??

SgtSlaughter

I brown my lean ground beef up in a pan... add nothing...

I then dump the few pounds in a strainer and most of all the fat and grease is gone.

I do this for storage purposes in the fridge or freezer.

I think I've found the answer, but i'd like to see other opinions backed by data if possible.

My question:

Add in Olive oil or some other fat to diet to compensate for lack of beef fat?

My answer:

Yes.

Link I've found that shows the huge loss of fat from draining.

Has anyone else come to the same conclusion or do you all just store your beef and it's juice alike?

Well it might also help with the texture & not taste like rubber if you leave some fat in ya know? :)

*Bunny* said:

Well it might also help with the texture & not taste like rubber if you leave some fat in ya know? :)
I use ketchup for that :D lol... "and you knooow thissssss mannnnnnnnnnn" :fro:

More specfically... i'd like to know if I'm missing out on the good red meat cholestorol, ect by doing what I do.

sgtslaughter said:
I use ketchup for that :D lol... "and you knooow thissssss mannnnnnnnnnn" :fro:

More specfically... i'd like to know if I'm missing out on the good red meat cholestorol, ect by doing what I do.
Ok, so how much good chol are you losing by doing this?

sgtslaughter said:
i dunno.

That's why i'm wondering if I shouldn't drain anymore or not. Or if I can just get what I need through other fats?
Ok, my point. Are you using at least 90% lean/10% fat ground beef? If so then it's your choice to dump or not to dump, you can always blot it & add healthy fats or sub else where in your diet. I cannot imagine at that ratio it would matter much.

If someone posts a study saying "you are dumping all the good chol" there will always be something/one else stating otherwise.

I'm curious to hear what others say as well.

Where did you get that the idea from? about the good chol?

*Bunny* said:
Ok, my point. Are you using at least 90% lean/10% fat ground beef? If so then it's your choice to dump or not to dump, you can always blot it & add healthy fats or sub else where in your diet. I cannot imagine at that ratio it would matter much.
If someone posts a study saying "you are dumping all the good chol" there will always be something/one else stating otherwise.
I'm curious to hear what others say as well.
Where did you get that the idea from? about the good chol?
93%+ I belive is the recent batch :)

Ok.. yes, very true. Deff... i'd like to see what other opinions are on the topic as well!!

I got the ideer from my little hyper active brain :rolleyes:

man how much fat can be in the pan when your done....when browning 2.5lbs....i hardy get any fat or anything left is mostly h20 just little bit......at least what i can tell

TheValley said:
man how much fat can be in the pan when your done....when browning 2.5lbs....i hardy get any fat or anything left is mostly h20 just little bit......at least what i can tell
I get a good amount... enough for me to want to strain the beef before I store it.

It looks to me like that info was to reduce the fat in regular ground beef. It even suggested using the Xtra lean in favour of blotting when necessary. If you just wanna take it that extra step, I'm interested too. I almost always blot, or put in a strainer in the sink & spray hot water with the spray hose.

Top Bottom