Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doing proper Close Grip Bench?

cwick0 said:
Great, but i just cant stand the powerlifting bench style. I never use a leg drive or an arch and can put up an incredible amount of weight. For me, it is probably all genetics, i have a huge frame and a massive barrel shaped chest.

Well, the arch and leg drive are definitely about putting up more weight and aren't as useful for bodybuilders. However, tucking the elbows, though it does take some stress off the chest, really does help protect the shoulders A LOT and I recommend that for everyone (along with shoulder cuff strengthening exercises like external rotations).

If you haven't yet hurt your shoulder while benching heavy with arms out wide, count yourself lucky.

Backlash said:
Well, the arch and leg drive are definitely about putting up more weight and aren't as useful for bodybuilders. However, tucking the elbows, though it does take some stress off the chest, really does help protect the shoulders A LOT and I recommend that for everyone (along with shoulder cuff strengthening exercises like external rotations).

If you haven't yet hurt your shoulder while benching heavy with arms out wide, count yourself lucky.

Like i said before, i am a beast up top and have absolutely no problems. If my shoulders were a weak link that would be another story.

Arching and leg drive...it takes too much away from just having a badass strong as fuck chest. I think it is beneficial for people to put up more weight, but it isnt necessary. I can whip 365 for 5 on close-grip and 405 for 5x5 with no leg drive or arch.

Top Bottom