Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doing Deadlifts twice a week; 3x5 or 5x5 ?

SirDingo

My workout routine has me rotating the program every six days, so on my BACK days, I have Deadlifts in there of course, but doing a full 5x5 seems to kick my butt hard, because I am almost doing twice a week, but it is close to one full week.

Anyways, is there a big difference in doing those in a 3x5 or 5x5 method ? I seem to be able to pull more weight doing on the final set in 3x5.

Opinions please

How heavy do you plan on going? You could deadlift everyday and benefit from it as long as you vary the percentages and let your body recover from the heavy deadlift sessions with sessions to get the blood flowing better.

5x5 allows for more volume, 3x5 allows for more intensity. I would personally do 3x5 as I train for strength and I would think 5x5 would kick my butt hard too.

What does your whole back routine look like?

You are training back twice every six days and pulling in each session?

I would rather go all out on DLs in one session and really focus on BB or better yet Pendlay rows in the other session.

you could get away with it IF you are doing variations of a deadlift, like rack pulls, deads standing on a platform, sldl, reverse band deads. If you pull from the floor every time you will burn out. It also depends on how frequently you are squatting heavy. I usually only pull from the floor every other week, any more and my cns is cooked and i will start going backwards.

you could get away with it IF you are doing variations of a deadlift, like rack pulls, deads standing on a platform, sldl, reverse band deads. If you pull from the floor every time you will burn out. It also depends on how frequently you are squatting heavy. I usually only pull from the floor every other week, any more and my cns is cooked and i will start going backwards.

You are absolutely correct!

I don't know many people in the World who can pull hard once a week and make progress, much less two times a week!

My workout routine has me rotating the program every six days, so on my BACK days, I have Deadlifts in there of course, but doing a full 5x5 seems to kick my butt hard, because I am almost doing twice a week, but it is close to one full week.

Anyways, is there a big difference in doing those in a 3x5 or 5x5 method ? I seem to be able to pull more weight doing on the final set in 3x5.

Opinions please

How much do you deadlift?

I deadlift once a week with my back work out. I will go heavy for a couple weeks and then take a week and do light work. I was doing 405 from the floor for 6 reps last week and this week I could do it but my forarms and fingers seemed to not like it as much. Next week its back to light work. I do notice if I go heavy on deads it makes it almost impossible to keep good form on my pull downs and rows because my arms are smoked. I dont use straps so maybe I should invest in some. Dont now how much help this is but I can only say going heavy every week will eventually hurt you.

Top Bottom