Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you think that Time Travel is possible?

Time Travel: Possible or not???

• IT IS POSSIBLE! (please tell why it makes you think so)

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • IT IS IMPOSSIBLE! (please provide some reasons against it)

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • I DON'T KNOW! I am not smart enough to ponder the question about physics and so on.

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
BigPhysicsBastard said:
fonz, got a question. Say you were able to create a "tear" in space, this would just allow you access to points in "space" right? I think ssalex thinks such a tear would allow you to travel backwards or forwards in time.

After you create the "tear", I have no idea what happens.

If you were to use a black hole as an example:

Matter would be UNABLE to pass through the tear.
It would be destroyed and coverted to Electro-magnetic
waves(mainly X-rays).
The gravitational energy at the center of the tear would
just ATOMIZE any matter it encountered.

So, one can pretty much forget about the "space-folding"
theory.

Godspeed

Big Physics is right, if string theory is on the track, as outlined in the book "The Elegant Universe" by author Brian Greene, there are multiple versions of time lines occuring at the same time for the entire universe.

I do believe if the string theory as curently being researched proves true, there are multiple dimensions occuring all at the same time.

Every possible combination of every thing in the Universe is all happening at once. Heavy science for heavy minds...Laserdude's bro signing off at this divergence of this multi dimensional quantum mechanical universe. I quantum leap every day, I am not kidding, it's how I MAKE MY LIVING...Photons forever.........nothing but vibes.

Maybe to see back in the past but not going back to change history (assasinate Hitler, save kennedy etc)

What has happened can´t be changed

I figured I would add a link to this discussion as it pertains to light and going faster than the speed of light. Its a great article and can have fantastic repercussions for the future.

This thread is truly interesting.
I'm no physics buff...but I got a couple of things to note:

Firstly, if or not time travel is possible is truthfully not known to any of us. The only right answer now is *maybe...or maybe not*. "No" and "Yes" are impossible. Do I have a dick? "Yes"
Is time travel possible? "Maybe...maybe not"

Fact is we just have no proof yet.

All this talk about time being linear and things not being able to occupy the same matter or whatever...we just don't know these things for sure. Granted, this is a layman's and overly simplified view. And I'll be the first to admit that where physics is concerned, I'm a professional layman.

Logic tells us that time is linear ...but how come sometimes time can pass seeming so damn fast while other times so slow? Does time curve during these moments?

Fucking interestin stuff!

Anyone can recommend any books on professional opinions on this subject?

I have never met anyone travelling from the future to our time. If a time travel prototype (e.g., send a mouse back 15 seconds) were to be developed at some point in the future -- say 5100 AD --, by 5300-5500 AD travel back by thousands of years by human tourists would be probable.

If we haven't met such travelers, either time travel doesnt exist, or these "tourists" are a hulluva lot more disciplined than today's tourists anywhere, or they are out of quantum phase with us, and at most can look but not "touch" us in any way, shape, or form.

There could be lots of parallel universes. It's been theorized that there are 7 additional dimensions formed at the time of the Big Bang, but for various reasons, never grew to beyond Planck's length (10 exp minus 33 m or something like that) Thats a lot of permutations each of which may be spinning off a 4-dimensional universe -- some like ours, probably many more totally lifeless or without any form we'd recognize.

Fonz, et all:

The way we describe the universe at the moment, with space being 3 dimensional and time being 1 dimensional or linear works fine for the most part.

However, what happens at a point of singularity? In a black hole that is.

And even without that question. Just because time is linear doesn't mean that it cannot be bent, that is that you could go back to an early point on the line.

The surface of a planet, like earth, can be described as a 2 dimensional entity with a few bumps in it. However we know that planets are spherical and so that when you travel in the same direction on the surface of a planet, which you may presume to be 2 dimensional if you were an ant for example, you would eventually arrive back at the same point on the planet.

If you consider time to be linear, who is to say that time must be a straight line? Scientists already assume that space may be bent, that is that if you travel in the same direction through space you will eventually arrive at the same point.

hardgainer (points to ponder over)

Philadephia Experiment

Were you there Latimer? Or do you just believe everything you read?

If some of you believe in this time travel shit, then how come you are not funding the research? The strange things there are plenty of people like those assholes on the Hill with plenty of money to fund these projects.

It's kind of like asking for contributions for research into the number one killer of humans, "Natural Causes". And you know what. I'll bet I could get some dummy to ante up.

Re: Read this somewhere

DesertTiger said:
UFO's aren't from outerspace - they're time travlers. :alien:

Haha! Damn you stole my line:D

Those aliens look humanoid, some future evolution of todays human species, coming to prompt us to bulk up with good gear in order to avoid that gangly physique.

Top Bottom