Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you think that Time Travel is possible?

Time Travel: Possible or not???

• IT IS POSSIBLE! (please tell why it makes you think so)

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • IT IS IMPOSSIBLE! (please provide some reasons against it)

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • I DON'T KNOW! I am not smart enough to ponder the question about physics and so on.

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
BigPhysicsBastard said:
another way too look at it is, if you went back to yesterday, that means at one time there would two of you existing at the same time. That's impossible because two exact objects or "matter", cannot coexist. Even if you went back thousands of years, there would still be tiny pieces of you floating around somewhere in the universe....only the right set of circumstances hasn't happened yet for those tiny pieces to come together to become "you".

So? You would see you twin and nothing more. You ARE NOT identical to him in any way, while you look very similiar - you are aged and molecules in your body are changed.

Twins look exactly the same, like duplicates - yet they don't blow up when they touch each other!

right?

wouldnt it be so stressful on a human body we'f die. at the end of the dy a l,ot of out body is just held together by van de waal's and all that weak shit

SSAlexSS said:

So? You would see you twin and nothing more. You ARE NOT identical to him in any way, while you look very similiar - you are aged and molecules in your body are changed.

Twins look exactly the same, like duplicates - yet they don't blow up when they touch each other!

right?

Molecules are irrelevant.

Every moment in time is a universe in itself.

I'll give you another reason to refute time-travel

Every particle(sub-atomic) resonates AT A SPECIFIC
QUANTUM FREQUENCY in a SPECIFIC UNIVERSE.

If you were to traverse back in time YOUR QUANTUM
FREQUENCY WOULD BE DIFFERENT FROM THAT
OF THE PEOPLE IN THAT TIME-FRAME.

You would then be OUT-OF-PHASE WITH THAT TIME-
FRAME.

In essence, YOU WOULD BE UNABLE TO INTERACT
WITH PEOPLE THERE.

Godspeed

frorider6 said:
Let me preface by saying IN MY OPINION.....

It's not possible. You might be able to slow time by traveling near the speed of light, thus allowing yourself to percieve that you've moved forward in time, but you could never go back.

Actually lets think about this for asecond

You know of course that a mathematical line, a line of thickness NIL, has no real existence. They taught you that? Neither has a mathematical plane. These things are mere abstractions. Nor, having only length, breadth, and thickness, can a cube have a real existence. Can an INSTANTANEOUS cube exist? Can a cube that does not last for any time at all, have a real existence? It is like a frame in a movie that is not there, in the movie it does not exist!

Any real body must have extension in FOUR directions: it must have Length, Breadth, Thickness,
and--Duration " . We can travel up, down, left and right (in 3d) so why can't we travel in 4d? Ofcourse we can, the question is HOW?

Fpr the longest time people beleived that flying (defying gravity) was impossible. Now we know that it is possible to defy/brake and even bend gravity. So why bending time isn't possible?

any reasons?

SSAlexSS said:

Actually lets think about this for asecond

You know of course that a mathematical line, a line of thickness NIL, has no real existence. They taught you that? Neither has a mathematical plane. These things are mere abstractions. Nor, having only length, breadth, and thickness, can a cube have a real existence. Can an INSTANTANEOUS cube exist? Can a cube that does not last for any time at all, have a real existence? It is like a frame in a movie that is not there, in the movie it does not exist!

Any real body must have extension in FOUR directions: it must have Length, Breadth, Thickness,
and--Duration " . We can travel up, down, left and right (in 3d) so why can't we travel in 4d? Ofcourse we can, the question is HOW?

Fpr the longest time people beleived that flying (defying gravity) was impossible. Now we know that it is possible to defy/brake and even bend gravity. So why bending time isn't possible?

any reasons?

Sounds like somebody's been reading a little "Time Machine" by Wells. :)

Fonz said:

Molecules are irrelevant.

Every moment in time is a universe in itself.

I'll give you another reason to refute time-travel

Every particle(sub-atomic) resonates AT A SPECIFIC
QUANTUM FREQUENCY in a SPECIFIC UNIVERSE.

If you were to traverse back in time YOUR QUANTUM
FREQUENCY WOULD BE DIFFERENT FROM THAT
OF THE PEOPLE IN THAT TIME-FRAME.

You would then be OUT-OF-PHASE WITH THAT TIME-
FRAME.

In essence, YOU WOULD BE UNABLE TO INTERACT
WITH PEOPLE THERE.

Godspeed

That might no be a prob. SO your quantums are maybe at a different frequancy, GREAT! You are cut off from 'normal' universe and you are a travelling body woithout certain "bounds" or "roots" . That gonna solve the "kill your mother before conceiving you" .

So what having different frequancy makes you so special? So what, you are saying that you cannot see an object that existed 30 milliojn years ago or in future?

I beg to reconsider that. Light is basicly travelling through time, yet we see it and it interacts with us! We can see it, we can interact with it (think of lasers).

SO you should be able to interact into past/future, until perhaps it is WAY WAY far into the future when quantum frequancy changes quite a bit (billions * billions of years, almost infinity).

well seeing as we have never changed our quantum resonance frequency or whatever, we would have no idea of whether a minute change in it would be enough to not allow us to interact with anoher tiome, we have no idea what the effects might be

how do u know the universe isnt totally different in some other part of the universe. we can only say for certain vioa experiments done in our neck of the woods i would have thought

anyhow i remeber some physics duide sai if u spin a black hole u could time trabvel but u had to be abl to survive the experience and try and find an energy source capable of rotationg a black hole.

BigPhysicsBastard said:
twins do not occupy the same matter, they are "genetic" copies of each other, but each possess their own matter. Salami, the reason two exact "matters" cannot coexist is EXTREMELY complicated and has to do with matter/anti-matter, I'd be lying if I said I completely understood it all. But I'm getting there. Fonz is definitely more knowledgeable on this point, shit, he put down that equation which impressed the hell out me. But what he did mathematically, is really not that hard to understand in laymans terms. I'll admit that equation is a bit foreign to me, but I understood the final outcome and what the range of y represented. Since time is linear, 0 represents "right now, this instant", and you can only go to the positive, hence the infinity. A linear equation NEVER returns to it's origin or even past it. Therefore traveling to the past is impossible if one applies this mathematical model to time. That's why alot of scientists actually suggested that one can go to the future but cannot go to the past.

Time is NOT LINEAR! Just like universe ain't shaped like a piece of paper.

WHat makes you think that it is linear?

And if it is linear, surely we can bend it , can we? It is possible to bend gravity , why cant we bent time and thus travel through it?

Lets take a piece of paper. Draw dot A and dot B (somewhere on the other edge). What is the quickest way to get from point A to B? Strait line, right? WRONG! All you do is bend a piece of paper and make point"A" touch pooint "B":. While you have not traveled any physical distance you still traveled. And who cares what shape it is , even if it is linear. YOU STILL CAN TRAVEL where you want, ofcourse not in a strait line....

right?

I time travel everyday...I just haven't figured out how to go backwards yet....:)

Top Bottom