Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Delts and Chest together?

push/pull bro.............if your going to do multi parts per session employing the push/pull technic is a good idea for most. ie chest bis, back tris training this way will alow you to train each part to the max. If you train parts that are both pushing movements the first part you train is taxed hard but the next is not worked as well and so on.

I find doing chest\delts short changes my delts big time....

Right now I have a day in between my delt and chest workout (chest first thing in week rest and delts\tris) and this is working out very well..

Though bignate's idea looks very interesting, would you mind laying out the split you are doing?

I think Bigdho also makes good points in that you well be fatiguing the secondary muscles whenever you work your major muscles...

BIGDHO said:
push/pull bro.............if your going to do multi parts per session employing the push/pull technic is a good idea for most. ie chest bis, back tris training this way will alow you to train each part to the max. If you train parts that are both pushing movements the first part you train is taxed hard but the next is not worked as well and so on.

i agree..

for a real basic outline:

upper bench:
bench movement
row or pullup
tricep movement
laterals or rotator work

lower squat/gm/dead emphasis
accessory work for lower body

off

upper overhead emphasis
standing BB press to 5 or 3RM
row or pullup i missed earlier in week
tricep work (different plane)
dips, pushups, or dbell press palms facing
bicep or hammer curls

lower squat/gm/dead emphasis (rotate)
accessory work for lower

i dont do speed work for upper body, too hard on the shoulder joints. i rotate intensities to cover diff fiber types.

bignate73 said:
for a real basic outline:

upper bench:
bench movement
row or pullup
tricep movement
laterals or rotator work

lower squat/gm/dead emphasis
accessory work for lower body

off

upper overhead emphasis
standing BB press to 5 or 3RM
row or pullup i missed earlier in week
tricep work (different plane)
dips, pushups, or dbell press palms facing
bicep or hammer curls

lower squat/gm/dead emphasis (rotate)
accessory work for lower

i dont do speed work for upper body, too hard on the shoulder joints. i rotate intensities to cover diff fiber types.

Thanks, karma for the help

JKurz1 said:
ANyone do these together? I'm reading more and more about people paring these two, just wonder how it's working out..........2x a week?

Ive been hitting delts right after inclines on sundays. I like it alot. I do flat benches and speed work on thursdays. Delts once a week is enough for me since I hit the rear delts once to twice a week and the very high volume of chest work I complete weekly (around 45 sets). I feel real warmed up when I go into the delt work though and it feels good. Get a great overall pump as well.

i've paired chest and delts together for a good while now and i must say it's been working great. i can definitely notice that my delts have developed a whole lot better than when i did them combined with back. i definitely suggest givin it a shot.

Chest and delts worked well for me for a while. I would always follow up chest with delts because of the pre-exhaust I got from my inclines and other presses. However, I was also doing a lot less weight for delts and more volume. This was around the time that I started doing a lot of static hold side laterals and supersets between arnold presses and upright rows. I wasn't doing heavy military's or even heavy Db presses. Now that I'm back to heavier weights for delts, I don't think I would benefit as well by pairing them up with chest on the same day again.

Top Bottom