Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deep down I knew Obama would win

nothing makes libs more angry than the military or oil companys...lol

I'm in the oil business, so, no oil companies don't make me mad, they pay my bills. I was just saying you need to understand the motivations behind an endorsement.
Military doesn't make me mad either. But in this time when the national debt is SO important according to all repubs, then why are the most obvious solutions off the table with them - raising the too low taxes for the rich, and cutting the HUMUNGOUS military budget?

and got any proof about the military voting in this election i haven't been able to find any

This right wing rag says Obama was polling at 26% military vote against Romney, and got 23% against McCain, which makes sense since McCain is a military ass kisser, and has some legitimate military credibility, and Romney doesn't. But I think it also means Obama's cred has gone up, despite the right wing culture in the military.

Military Poll: Romney Creams Obama by 40 Percentage Points

Here's an interesting website that has polls of military personnel year by year. In 2008 disapproval of Bushes handling of Afganastan was at 31% and in 2012, Obama's disapproval was 37%. That's not that big of a difference considering the right wing bias of the military. And consider that Bush dropped the ball and there was no end in site in 2008, and Obama has actually cleaned up a lot of that mess and is ending it, yet has higher disapproval. Bias.

I also saw that 50% considered themselves republicans in 2008 and 44% in 2012.

Lots of interesting tidbits.

http://www.militarytimes.com/projects/polls/

Last edited:
headholio, i have more respect for your opinion now having an idea that you are older
you said you were married for 25 yrs...the youngish political science major liberals with no
real world experience, i thought that was you.
and i'm gonna assume those enlisted trend more dem, and those 2nd lt and up more right.
imo, a strong military is a must, and the power of the seas crucial, to our survival and stature.
though i agree some cuts should be made, political gamemanship on part of the reps to declare otherwise...just
like the dems lumping those earning 250k in with millionaires and billionaires, both sides play games to appeal to their bases

headholio, i have more respect for your opinion now having an idea that you are older
you said you were married for 25 yrs...the youngish political science major liberals with no
real world experience, i thought that was you.
and i'm gonna assume those enlisted trend more dem, and those 2nd lt and up more right.
imo, a strong military is a must, and the power of the seas crucial, to our survival and stature.
though i agree some cuts should be made, political gamemanship on part of the reps to declare otherwise...just
like the dems lumping those earning 250k in with millionaires and billionaires, both sides play games to appeal to their bases

for me personally, i view you as a cheerleader for obama so i take what you say regarding this with a grain of bath salts.
every president would claim he was awesome for the military/vets, and every president would have a list of things he did/supposedly did for them.
it's obvious that a portion of the military is not a fan of obama, and that makes me question your proclamations that he is the best thing to ever happen to the military.

Take the "personality" portion fact out and look at the FACTS.
I agree and disagree with potus on a bunch of shit.
But I can recognize good unbiased good deeds he's done.

NO single PRESIDENT in recent history has done this much for Veterans in one term.

What "presidents say they have done versus FACTS ARE TWO different things.
The real fact is it pains you to acknowledge the fact that Obama has done something extraordinary for the Veterans of Americas longest war.
It pains you .

And by your numbers, he's doing great things for a group that never majority support him.

Pøstêd with ā Ñëxūs 7

I love irony:

Mitt Romney popular vote: 47 percent comments ring true in one way.

As final vote tallies trickle in from straggler districts, Romney currently stands at 47.8 percent of the vote—and analysts predict that New York and California will eventually take that number below 47.5 percent. If that happens, history will place the final 2012 presidential vote margin at 51 percent for Obama, 47 percent for Romney.

I wonder if we'll ever convince these 47% to take control of their lives?

Take the "personality" portion fact out and look at the FACTS.
I agree and disagree with potus on a bunch of shit.
But I can recognize good unbiased good deeds he's done.

NO single PRESIDENT in recent history has done this much for Veterans in one term.

What "presidents say they have done versus FACTS ARE TWO different things.
The real fact is it pains you to acknowledge the fact that Obama has done something extraordinary for the Veterans of Americas longest war.
It pains you .

And by your numbers, he's doing great things for a group that never majority support him.

Pøstêd with ā Ñëxūs 7

it pains me to believe you, since you are such a rabid obama fan (you throw out you disagree with him but it sounds desultory).
and the legions of military, like those listed by hansel, and those i know personally (a lot in my field), make me believe their is another side to the story that you are not telling in your quest to prove obama is the bestest ever for the military (maybe looming budget and personell costs have something to do with this).

Top Bottom