Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Decline or Flat Bench Press

musketeer said:
That's a good Q matey.

I'd probably have to look at your chest and technique, etc. but I'd guess that the dumbells would be a better exercise. My chest exercises are:

Low incline Bench (25 deg is perfect)

Flat dumbel Press (occasionally)

Weighted Dips

Cross bench dumbel pullovers

I don't do flats myself because it gets to my injured shoulder and tends to blast my triceps as much as my chest. The Dips are very similar to declines but require more stabalisation (they are more basic and are a closed chain exercise) so I prefer them.

If you get on well with falt benches, then why not do INCLINE dumbell presses as your second exercise because they will be both at a different angle AND require a differnt technique as they are dumbells.

I agree with what was said here. You wanna workout the lower chest if you want to have a fuller bigger chest.

Weighted dips are perfect for that; note that your body should be at 45 degrees to the horizontal rather than vertical to focus on the lower chest. if your just starting and you can't do even one by yourself than a spotter can help you by lifting you from your legs. (Also you can start by doing negatives)

Top Bottom