Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dear Diary... Love, CB

Go girl go!!

Thanks, babydoll!

Live from the step mill it's Tuesday morning....

Off to a little bit of a rough start but getting in gear here. Had to move my car this morning which wound up requiring almost an hour of gas-burning driving around my neighborhood looking for a legal spot.

Ended up meter parking so I could get this day started!

The rough part, though, was that during that time I got a phone call from a potential employer saying "we had you down for an interview this morning."

I have the letter they sent me confirming for Friday in hand but the customer is always right, right? Ugh. Definitely doesn't make me look good regardless.

Anyway... Will just have to reschedule and show up smiling.

Otherwise, things are good here. Woke up starving last night, which is weird because nothing was really different, took some L-carnitine and BCAAs and went back to bed. Woke up this morning with another ab -- I love it when the Results Fairy visits!

Was thinking this morning a little bit (while searching for a parking space) about being "in the groove." No, I'm not talking lava lamps and swirly purple fabric... I'm talking about the "sweet spot" where after a few weeks of clean eating and exercise everything just gets easier.

I'm aware that this too shall pass and I'll have those mornings where I just don't see the point, but it's amazing how consistent right action yields the right mindset (and we know the right mindset yields consistent right action... See where we're going with this?)

I know what it's like to be in a rut, and the only thing I can suggest to those who are there now is to put one right-placed step in front of the other. Then repeat.

Bear with me folks... Imagine you are a homesteader on the Oregon Trail. You've got your wagon and you can follow in the "ruts" of the person before you. Now, for the most part, I'm a "color outside the box" person. But the body likes consistency, reliability... You provide it with this and it will give you what you're asking for (if it can).

Back to your wagon... One day, a raccoon runs out in the road. Your oxen are startled and put you in a ditch. Maybe the raccoon is your Aunt Nancy force-feeding you poundcake (I'd suggest you break the crazy loon's poundcake over her jello mold, but let's say this time you didn't). For whatever reason you're in the ditch.

It can be a little rough to right the wagon and coax the oxen out of the ditch, but once back on the path we are in for some smooth sailing.

The problem, in my experience, comes in when instead of getting fully back on the path we have 2 wheels on the trail and the other 2 in the underbrush. This is worse than resting by the side of the road. We are taking out cacti and kicking up dust. Our oxen are frightened and it's a bumpy ride. Chances are after a little while one of our wheels will fall off or we will break an axel.

I've posted this quote before but it's worth the repost:

Sometimes "Abstinence is easier than perfect moderation."

What habits are you holding onto that are making your road rough? Where are you taking half-measures? Fully committing is easier! Try it! Yes, it might mean having to stop and rope yourself out of a ditch but making sure all 4 wheels are on the trail makes for smooth sailing and a lower repair bill at Lenny's Wagon World.

Did I mention I had too much caffeine this morning?

I think now I'm starting to see more results because I unwittingly had a wheel in the underbrush. I wasn't sleeping enough and I was way overloaded at work. (btw... A work contact emailed me to let me know that they tossed the project they had me spend the last month working on because they decided to do a different topic... Such a predictable move -- lol!)

Anyway... I know I still have a lot of "stuff" ahead of me. I don't think anyone can control for the "stuff" life throws at you. It's about your response.

This morning I'm on the step mill later than I would've liked but I'm on it. I'll be back again later for arms and I'm having a freaking steak for dinner cuz I want a good sleep! Oh, and I'll go easy on the caffeine -- lol ;)

See you in "Oregon"?

Wow Cutey that's a great way of putting it ! You have such a way with words you should write a book I'd read it !!

Paying to park your car ? That sucks!

Also how long til you compete now?

Your doing a amazing job huni your a gem on here a honour for us to have you !!

Top Bottom