Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

critique of my ab workout!

1_more_rep

hey guys/girls. i have compiled a good ab workout and before i decide to STICK with it i wanted your opinions.

currently i do 5 sets on the bench.

sets 1, 3, and 5: pause sit ups where i have a declined bench and pause when my back is parallel to the floor for 5 seconds then return up.

i do 3 sets of 5 of those

sets 2 and 4: i do flat bench leg lifts while gripping the bench behind my head. They feel really good for my lower abs.

after this i do 3 sets on the pully machine that does my sides. And i do 3 sets of 10.

so far it feels like a great workout but is there anything i should change? should i up the sets to 6 and add another leg lift? more reps for my pause sit ups? anything at all? what do you guys think? and if any of you want to try a new ab workout try this and see if it works for you!

thanks in advance :)

need more info, like how often you will do it, your weight, your body condition, if its all bodyweight stuff, and how strong your back is. do you squat and DL and lift heavy like that?

I prefer using a ball for all of my abs. 3 motions gets it all.
1, crunches on the ball
2, swipes, or arm windmills for obliques
and 3, this thing where i get into the ball with it high on my back, hold onto a post behind me, pull my knees toward my chest (feet off the ground now), and roll my body down the ball. Gravity tries to pull your hips down and away. killer on lower abs without overdeveloping the front hip flexors.

JohnRobHolmes said:
need more info, like how often you will do it, your weight, your body condition, if its all bodyweight stuff, and how strong your back is. do you squat and DL and lift heavy like that?

I prefer using a ball for all of my abs. 3 motions gets it all.
1, crunches on the ball
2, swipes, or arm windmills for obliques
and 3, this thing where i get into the ball with it high on my back, hold onto a post behind me, pull my knees toward my chest (feet off the ground now), and roll my body down the ball. Gravity tries to pull your hips down and away. killer on lower abs without overdeveloping the front hip flexors.

more info: i will do it EVERYTIME i go to the gym no matter what body part i work out. (usually go 3-4 times/week)

weight: 175

body condition i'm not fat, not scronny, not buff. I'm just a little thick. So a LITTLE excess fat but a little extra muscle as well. i'm 5'11".

i was THINKING of using the ball...but ive never used it and i dont have a trainer or anything so i wouldn't want to do it wrong or fall on my ass. lol :rolleyes:
i usually squat once a week as of now. And i do hyper extensions also for my back with weights on my chest.

If you keep your volume lower, you could train abs 3-4 times a week no problem but let your abs rest at least a day between trainings. As far as using the ball, it should be hard. If it is easy then you need to roll up or down the ball to adjust. not much to it.

For volume, I dont have very trained abs and I do sets of 10. Its low by some peoples standards, but it is a good place to start.

something like this:
10 of those #3 things (i need a name for those), 10 swipes, 10 crunches, rest

10 #3, 10 swipes, 10 crunches, rest

10 more, 10 more, 10 more, rest

and I am done. It only takes a few minutes, and i have been getting pretty good results (mostly from the #3 thing). After a while you should start adding weight to keep the volume low.

Top Bottom