Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Conventional Strength (Daily Work Set Videos Included)

Thanks, that means a lot coming from you Rus. I always come down hard on myself when I watch my videos, picking apart my form, so its great to hear someone experienced tell me that it looks good.

Well no problem. I am just starting to get back into the basics again I've had a fucked up si joint for as long as I can remember its finally almost healed. This log is Inspiring me to get back to the 5x5 and 5/3/1 methods of lifting

Well no problem. I am just starting to get back into the basics again I've had a fucked up si joint for as long as I can remember its finally almost healed. This log is Inspiring me to get back to the 5x5 and 5/3/1 methods of lifting

I always go through these revolutions where I stray away from the 5/3/1 or 5x5 principles of lifting, and every time without fail I make a full circle and return to the basics. This time I'm going to stick with 531 for the long haul.

What I didn't like about 531 in the past was that I never felt like I was benching enough, or squatting enough, or pressing enough haha. I've switched things around so that I am hitting each compound twice a week and going heavy at least one of those times.

Wendler came out with a new book and its got some pretty good ideas that I have started implementing into my training. I can already tell that I probably wont have to switch to a new program ever again just because the one I am following now is so well rounded.

Check my channel for this weeks past workouts, bench workout kind of sucked, hopefully I redeem myself this Monday.

9/7/2013 (weighed in at 182lbs. after workout)

Squat
285 x 5
320 x 3
355 x 9
390 x 3
415 x 1
285 x 5 x 3 (Paused, 3 min. rest between each)

Solid squat day, better than expect considering I had to do some running this week. Ran a mile and half in 10:25. Today's paused squats felt great, as usual, although I was breathing pretty heavy by the end. I can already feel my tightness in the hole improving.

SLDL from 3" Deficit
225 x 5
260 x 5
295 x 5
240 x 8

This is more of a grip workout than anything, which I am fine with since my PC is getting worked plenty with the squats before this. I pull these double overhand which is why grip is such an issue on these.

Finished with back extensions.

09/10/2013

Deadlift
290 x 5
335 x 5
380 x 5 (capped at 10 reps)
435 x 5

Deadlift 380 x 10 9/10/2013 - YouTube

If your familiar with 531 you know the first week of every cycle is reasonably light. For this reason I was working with 380 which is light for me. I decided that I will be capping week 1 deadlifts of every cycle at 10 reps. There is no sense in me frying my CNS on 20 rep deadlift sets.

Anyways, in order to motivate myself I told myself that I had to make this weight my bitch and lift it as fast as I could, since I would only be doing it for 10 reps. Really try to manhandle the weight. Got to get your motivation one way or another. I just don't want to burn myself out for the heavier weights later in this cycle.

435 was a solid set, last rep was a little difficult, but still smooth. I think pulling 380 fast did help prime me for pulling 435 fast.

Front Squat
160 x 10
195 x 10
225 x 10
225 x 8
225 x 8

GM's
135 x 10
135 x 9
135 x 9

Chest is sore as a mofo from paused bench.

Top Bottom