Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cold hands/cold feet..........

rnch said:
is this a sign of some sort of circulation problem??? an early sign of heart disease?

no....this is a warning you are very close to an "alter"... :rolleyes:

rnch said:
is this a sign of some sort of circulation problem??? an early sign of heart disease?

it can be serious.
.Peripheral vascular disease or PVD.

PVD is a medical term given to a group of conditions that cause poor circulation to the legs and feet....thus it can result in cold feet.

Diabetes is the most common cause of PVD.

Depending on the severity of symptoms, treatment may include lifestyle changes, medications and procedures designed to open clogged blood vessels.

RNCh,
read up this:

i"t can happen every time when you hold a chilled can of soda or step into an air-conditioned movie theater. Suddenly, your fingers turn icy, white and numb. And your feet are so sensitive that they feel frozen to the bone after doing the dishes while standing on cool kitchen tiles. But sometimes the temperature isn't the cause at all. For some people, emotional stress is enough to turn their fingers and toes to ice.

An estimated 2 to 6 percent of all Americans have hands and feet that are overly sensitive to chilly temperatures and stress. Doctors call the condition Raynaud's syndrome, after the French physician who discovered it. With Raynaud's, a dip in the temperature or a rise in stress levels causes the small blood vessels in the extremities to go into spasm, narrowing to the point that blood can barely circulate through them. Fingers and toes turn waxy white, then blue, and are numb and cool to the touch. Then, when the fingers and toes get warm, they flush deep red and tingle and throb as blood returns full force. This kind of episode can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.

Seventy-five percent of people with primary Raynaud's syndrome—the most common kind—are women under 40. It's unclear why. "My guess is there's a link to female hormones, which affect the blood vessels," says Fredrick Wigley, M.D., director of rheumatology at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore. In any case, the color changes, numbness and tingling may be the only symptoms, and they may get worse or better. The problem usually improves dramatically by menopause.

Secondary Raynaud's—a less common but potentially more serious kind—usually targets women over 40 and men. Factors that act on the blood vessels may trigger the problem. These include smoking, high blood pressure medicines and diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus (an autoimmune disease) and atherosclerosis. Certain wrist-flexing, wear-and-tear activities such as typing or operating vibrating power drills may increase susceptibility to secondary Raynaud's. "

SC4EVA said:
Do you smoke - That restricts the vessels in your hands arms and legs
not no but HELL NO!

NOBODY smokes in my house, my car, my truck.

rnch said:

nah. . .it's just a sign that it's cold out. . .genius :FRlol:

actually, if it's persistent, you could have a hypo-active thyroid. . .it's easy to get checked out and easy to treat. . .

oh yeh....not that u mention it....the a/c HAS stopped cycling off and on here.....i was wondering why it was so quiet in the house!!!

winter is usually such a short lived, fleeting event here in new orleans, i forgot it was time for it.

no shorts 'n sandals and exposed wife beaters for a couple of weeks.

:FRlol:

rnch said:
oh yeh....not that u mention it....the a/c HAS stopped cycling off and on here.....i was wondering why it was so quiet in the house!!!

winter is usually such a short lived, fleeting event here in new orleans, i forgot it was time for it.

no shorts 'n sandals and exposed wife beaters for a couple of weeks.

:FRlol:

As long as you can get a chubby I wouldnt be too concerned. :rainbow:

I saw frost here in TX for like a minute and a half. :worried: Sure beats the shit out of the weather in Jersey.

Top Bottom