Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CKD for fat guy? please critique

bentley bear

Ok, I've searched the archives and and need a little advice from all the Gurus out there.

I'm 29 years old, 6'2", 280lbs and around 30-35% BF. I've gained a lot of weight over the past 3 years due to letting myself go. I'm ready to get back into it and started a Ketogenic diet last week. I'm in ketosis now and the fat is starting to melt off. I'm back in the gym doing cardio 4x a week. I'll start lifting in a few weeks after I lose some more weight. I'm also taking an ECA stack 2x a day.

Since I have a lot of weight to lose I plan to stay in ketosis for about 5-6 months straight. From what I've read from other posts my metabolism is going to be shot. I was thinking about switching to a CKD. The only reason would be to avoid the down regulation of my metabolism- I'm not worried about building muscle right now.

My questions:
1- Do you guys think Its a good idea to switch to a CKD?
2- If not, what can I do to help keep my metabolism up during and after ketosis?

I enjoy reading all the posts and the great information you guys share.

Thanks.

Hey, welcome to elite btw!
Anyways glad the keto is working for you but at this point i would not consider using a CKD. You still have high bodyfat and your body will really not be catabolizing any muscle. As for slow down in fat loss, your leptin levels are still pretty high too and you will continue to use fat for fuel until around 20-15 % bodyfat. At that point you could start a CKD with refeeds, but for now it would be most beneficial to stay with regular keto with the occasional maybe 3 week refeed. At your point now, a refeed might set off old eating habits andget you off track, or you might not be able to stop, so stay with keto for now with the occasional carb variation, and keep your calories at maintainance. When you have higher bodyfat you have a much easier time dropping fat so why not stay at maintaince calories so your metabolism doesnt go completely shot and make a deficit with exercise.. Also with the ECA, after about 6-8 weeks lay off of it because you will getused to it.. Stop for a week or two and then resume again.. Hope this has helped.. Do the CKD, but just not now!

Bigbear

I spent a little over a year on a keto diet (Atkins) i'm 5'1" and went from 285 to my current 190ish. I just recently started a CKD type diet, working out 4 times a week and so far it seems to be working fine. I've only been lifting weights for 6 weeks (into the 7th now) and while i can't really see a difference, i can feel it. I've definately gained some muscle so i guess i'm somewhat doing things right.

I'm enjoying the CKD, but its tough sometimes to not let yourself go nuts ;)

thanks guys.

I think I'll stay on the keto until I drop to about 240 then I'll switch to a CKD. You're right about being worried about going back to my old eating habits. It's amazing, I have to force myself to eat. I just don't get hungry while in ketosis.

I'd run a straight keto for 6 weeks, then take 3 - 7 days off, then hit it again. Repeat until around 18 - 22% bf, then you can start a ckd w/longer periods between carb-ups. Good Luck.

Top Bottom