Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CIRCUIT TRAINING...for PREGNANT women??

gizzle

Do you think this type of training will be too intense for pregnant woman? Is it not a good idea? :confused:

Not sure if this is you or a friend etc...but I'll use "she" as reference. IF she has been working out all along it won't be a problem but it is best to keep it at 30 minutes. It is extremely important to listen to your body. As "she" gets further in her trimesters she may find that she needs to sit to perform exercises rather than stand. It is OK to sweat and get short of breath but not so that you get dizzy or feel faint. If she hasn't been working out all along it will still be fine at low weight and high rep intervals starting early in her first or second trimester. I have found that dumbbells, bodybars, weighted balls etc. work best for circuit while pregnant. Equipment can be too awkward and positioning can put unneeded pressure on the womb.

Tat pointed out in a previous thread that there are classes specifically for pregnant women. I like this idea best - typically those classes are designed specifically to address issues you experience while pregnant. Yoga is a great one!

Top Bottom