Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chest workout that will give me a pump?

Lots of great suggestions here. I always like to get the full spectrum of rep ranges in my chest workouts, and most all of my routines. Aside from one rep maxes on biceps.
On the flat and incline benches, I may hit 11-14 sets just on one bench and my reps can range from 1-30+. I train chest twice a week, thursdays for flat and speed work and sundays for inclines. Overall I hit over 40 sets. The bulk of those sets is on the benches, where I believe the most growth and strength will take place. If I really wanted a pump in my chest, I could use dropsets,supersets,and just not rest between sets for very long. But thats not my concern. It feels good but doesnt do much for me atleast. I trained for pump at one point, since I was training BB style with my uncle and he doesnt rest between sets. So I got pumped, but didnt make any noticeable gains. Its when I push for PR's every workout and go heavy that I make progress, along with tearing the muscle into complete submission before I go home. If you checkout my training journal or the Incline PR thread youll see the type of routines Im referring too. Hope that helps

cwick0 said:
NO biggie. However, some guys think i am bragging when if fact i am talking with another INDIVIDUAL and just offering an example of one of my workout. You wont see me post a personal PR because everyone doesnt care what i can lift.
bro i read your comments and i repect them..didnt mean to imply you were bragging..no worries then..nothing wrong with posting a PR..it feels good to have encouragement and congrats from bro's on this board, rather than the morns at most gyms who are clueless!

MikeDiesel04 said:
I have a problem getting my chest and legs bigger
Flat bench barbell press - 4 sets at 6-8 reps
Flat bench dumbell press - 4 sets at 4-8 reps
Incline barbell press - 4 sets of 8-10 reps
cable crossovers - 4 sets of 10 reps
machine fly - 4 sets of 10 reps
dips as many as I can do 2 sets

I count 22 sets of chest work and you wonder why your chest is not growing ???? IMHO.....If one is working any bodypart hard.... they will not be able to do 22 hardcore working sets. Try cutting it down to 1/3 or 1/2 of what you are doing. like 6 to 8 sets total or 10 sets total and work hard as possible as opposed to long and drawn out. I realize that (working hard) is a relative term but in my honest opinion.....if anyone is working a bodypart hard with 110 % intensity they should be able to literally demolish a muscle with 5 to 8 sets. Doing umpteen sets becomes redundant and puts a drain on your CNS which equates to no growth or progression. Your own complaints about lack of progress is proof enough.

As far as your getting a pump issue. I can suggest a set of pec deck flys to failure and superset with dips. Works everytime.

Pump on .....

Last edited:
cwick0 said:
gimme a break beast.

I posted those chest routines in order for WalkingBeast to see what one of my chest workouts looks like. If you review the post we must have gone back and forth 20 times. I finally decided to do a 5x5 workout on my chest. Traditionally i utilize 3 sets of 10reps with the same weight. So the past two workouts are the first time i have ever tried 5x5 on any muscle group. Secondly, it doesnt matter how much weight i do or someone else does. The sets/reps are examples that others could utilize if they so desire. Fortunately, i am very lucky in that my body is built for doing chest, whereas my legs suck ass.

I FUCKING care brother!! You inspire the FUCK out of me with those lifts!! I hope youll post em up consistently!!

Dave949 said:
I count 22 sets of chest work and you wonder why your chest is not growing ???? IMHO.....If one is working any bodypart hard.... they will not be able to do 22 hardcore working sets. Try cutting it down to 1/3 or 1/2 of what you are doing. like 6 to 8 sets total or 10 sets total and work hard as possible as opposed to long and drawn out. I realize that (working hard) is a relative term but in my honest opinion.....if anyone is working a bodypart hard with 110 % intensity they should be able to literally demolish a muscle with 5 to 8 sets. Doing umpteen sets becomes redundant and puts a drain on your CNS which equates to no growth or progression. Your own complaints about lack of progress is proof enough.

As far as your getting a pump issue. I can suggest a set of pec deck flys to failure and superset with dips. Works everytime.

Pump on .....

Makes complete sense brother!! For some reason my endurance is a bit rediculous. I really think its because of the way Ive always trained. Pure anihilation in each session. I didnt have a car either when I started so I would get dropped off at the gym for many hours. This formed the foundation of my training and I learned to adapt. But most Ive trained with, even some very strong individuals usually can burn out pretty damn fast after a few intense sets. Me on the other hand, I can keep going minutes after going beyond failure with forced reps and negatives. Id sometimes repeat this 20 times or more. I can see Cwick shares a similiar disposition. It has its positives too, but it forces me to live in the gym! Keep KILLING that shit yourself brother!!

WalkingBeast said:
Lots of great suggestions here. I always like to get the full spectrum of rep ranges in my chest workouts, and most all of my routines. Aside from one rep maxes on biceps.

do u do one rep maxes for bi's? i'm assuming that's with BB curls? have u seen some results with that?

silver_shadow said:
do u do one rep maxes for bi's? i'm assuming that's with BB curls? have u seen some results with that?

:FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol: I shouldve said it differently. I meant I dont do one rep maxes for biceps. It would be pretty strenuous to do a 250lb preacher curl for one rep! Not sure Id want to mess around with that. The biceps has some small tendons that can dont seem to difficult to tear. I might grab the 80lb dumbells one day after a few sets and only get 3-4 reps. But I typically dont go any lower then that on biceps. I do use cheat barbell curls occasionally though, as you mentioned. Not strict barbell curls though. Ive thrown 185 around for 9 reps and 205 for around 3. Ill probabally try a one rep max with 225 for fun one day. Im probabally good for close to 200 on the preacher curls also, since Ive gotten 160x10 and 170 for some reps also. I dont usually go much higher then that. The reps would get pretty low. When I do the cheat barbell curls my body is definately used in the movement, but I resist the negatives usually. It becomes more then a bicep exercise though! haha Cant say Ive seen results with that! I dont do it very often, only on occasion. It definately hits the biceps to some extent, but I get alot more out of preacher curl dropsets or 21's.

WalkingBeast said:
I FUCKING care brother!! You inspire the FUCK out of me with those lifts!! I hope youll post em up consistently!!

No worries. I will keep you up to date on one of your threads.
We shall see if i can hit another PR tomorrow on military and then start 5x5 training on arms friday, see if i cant hit some PRs on triceps.

cwick0 said:
No worries. I will keep you up to date on one of your threads.
We shall see if i can hit another PR tomorrow on military and then start 5x5 training on arms friday, see if i cant hit some PRs on triceps.
How about some back work bro........that's where the core is..........

Top Bottom