Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

changed jobs/careers

cindylou

Fancy
EF VIP
Has anyone just up and changed their career?

why did you change and how did you do/fund the change?

I'm not talking about a job change, but a complete different change of directions, say from a computer programmer to a nurse ; or a doctor to a chef.

Stuff like that!

cindylou said:
Has anyone just up and changed their career?

why did you change and how did you do/fund the change?

I'm not talking about a job change, but a complete different change of directions, say from a computer programmer to a nurse ; or a doctor to a chef.

Stuff like that!

I am in the middle of changing from a Research and design engineer to an attorney.

I am changing because I had an overexposure to the chemicals and electrolytes and that has created a supersensitivity to all chemicals so I need to leave the industry.

I have been working at my husband's law office and I enjoy it. I spent 17 years as an engineer so I feel like I was able to use my degree.

Cheers,

Mickey

I worked for an airline for 10 years, loved the job, the people and the flight benefits were great. Made the switch to the fitness industry about 4 years ago, I enjoy it more and it was a substantial pay increase.

HumanTarget said:
went from bars to mental health/crisis work...
...isn't that kinda the same type of job? I worked in a bar for a couple of years and now when I go on a psych. call...... pt's seem to be a lot like the peeps at the bar.

Same field for 13 + years...went through a lot of differnt types of jobs with the same technical focus...

Damn... I'm old.

PuddleMonkey said:
I worked for an airline for 10 years, loved the job, the people and the flight benefits were great. Made the switch to the fitness industry about 4 years ago, I enjoy it more and it was a substantial pay increase.

stewardess?

Good Lord when I think of all the types of jobs/fields I was in. The one common thread was that I had several things going on at the same time, still do. My husband is the same. We need a lot of different kinds of mental stimulation.

Currently we have an oil and gas funding company working on some consulting projects for setting up other offices and helping to catch the bad guys - same field, but separate entities.

Radio show/book/website - dating sorta related but separate entities.

Artwork/children's books - on the backburner but not forgotten.

We were thinking about about taking over a restaurant/local hang out but THANK GOD we didn't. I grew up and worked many years in that field and didn't want to do it again.

My husband has worked for many different industries and had different types of companies - hospitality and travel/tourism, oil and gas, mortgage company, skin care/cosmetics, media consultant to name a few.

Top Bottom