Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio Timing? A.M. or post-workout?

Tom Treutlein said:
I've heard all that before, and it makes sense, I've just also heard talk of how you'll just waste away muscle tissue needlessly. Eh, there's not enough research to say which is really true, I'd guess. Thanks for the reply, though.

No, actually there are more studies on this stuff than you can imagine. Universities have been conducting them for years.

You really need to create some serious deficits on a long term basis to start eating up muscle. Just eat your friggin protein afterwards and you'll be fine.

Anthrax said:
My concern with cardio is that it delays recovery for weight lifting

+ can be hard on the CNS

Almost every day I do a cardio in the morning and lift in the afternoon, or lift early afternoon and cardio at night.

A lot of it is about conditioning your body, eating right, and getting your eight hours of shut-eye.

CNS is not a big factor in endurance training. You can be pretty certain of this because your 'bottleneck' for cardio is respiratory (or at least it is for almost everyone). You are limited by your oxygen/aerobic deficits, not by your CNS. If you were a sprinter, this would be different, but most endurance athletes do not train much at sprint speeds (though I try to wrap my intervals/distance runs up with just one good sprint).

Thanks. Remember that sprints are a very different type of exercise than endurance training.

Something like this:
100meters is 99% anearobic, 1% aerobic
1 mile is 25% anerobic, 75% aerobic
3 miles is 1% anerobic, 99% aerobic

I have some more specific numbers somehwere, but that is the gist of it.

Synpax said:
Thanks. Remember that sprints are a very different type of exercise than endurance training.

Something like this:
100meters is 99% anearobic, 1% aerobic
1 mile is 25% anerobic, 75% aerobic
3 miles is 1% anerobic, 99% aerobic

I have some more specific numbers somehwere, but that is the gist of it.

would spinning be considered a long cardio session? or a sprint on a bicycle?

It's usually a mix of things if the instructor is anygood, but overall it's like a long cardio session. Part of the reason that there are spinning classes but not treadmill classes is that few people can stay on the treadmill at a reasonable speed for long enough to have that class. It's great for fat burning.

IMO, first thing in the morning burns more calories - Best for fat loss is to do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach as your metabolism is also revved up for the day and you are energized throughout the day too

I do my cardio first thing in the mroning, but I also do my weights right after. I like to get it all done in the morning, and I used to think that I wouldn't feel like it after work. But in the last week I have been going in and doing an extra half hour of cardio, and abs, and orking on things I may have missed in the AM (I wish I had more time in the mroning!) and I find that, cardio wise, once I get going I have more energy than I soemtimes do first thing in the morning. I still don't like to lift in the evening though, because there are nights that I just want to go home after work, or I have errands to run and also because it is alot more crowded in the gym in the evening.

Top Bottom