Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can't take the supplements I want, but can take a pill that will kill an unborn child

Yes, she could have gone to any doctor and probably went there to avoid her parents finding out and no insurance either. She hopefully was told to follow up with the doctor over the coming days and to go to the hospital if weird things happen. I suspect however, she was not able to fully comprehend what was going on with her and was probably scared as well.

I have an 18 year old daughter who is intelligent, gorgeous, and very, very naive! I would not expect her to rely on her experiences, etc to guide her to what to do in that situation. I would just pray that she would know that no matter what it was she could come to me or her mom for help and advice.

I think her parents probably let her down as much as the hospitals and doctors did.

chesty said:
There in lies the problem with society. We are so bent on proving we don't need a parents permission that we forget to talk to them because they have been there done that and can guide us in the right direction.

But we are so busy being "on our own" that we forget to consult the ones who know. Of course if your parents are dickheads then your sorta screwed.

Ok - fine.

What about being 18 and being in the military.

Should 20 year old get a permission slip from mommy and daddy to go to war?

I understand war kills people.

There in lies the problem with society. We are so bent on proving we don't need a parents permission that we forget to talk to them because they have been there done that and can guide us in the right direction.

But we are so busy being "on our own" that we forget to consult the ones who know. Of course if your parents are dickheads then your sorta screwed.

Again, the sibling should trust the parent enough to ask what it is really all about.

And when in the military you don't have the right to just do what you want. You have to get permission. The older more experienced Marines etc, are there to protect you from yourself until you have gained enough experience to be on your own in a war.

As a Marine friend of mine put it about a mommy complaining about her son getting yelled at in boot camp.

"Ma'am, we are tryin to do in 3 months what you failed to do in 18 years"

Well, good discussion and glad it stayed that way. Off to dinner and bed.

This article is another example of hyperbole to bolster a weak mind. It is a horrible event for a person to die, but when arguing toxicity of a drug, one cannot use a single example as evidence. This is the exact style of debate that the pro-FDA, anti-supplement advocates use in their arguments for regulation of the health food industry. Use a few cases of worst case scenarios, regardless of how seldom they occur, and sway the minds of the mindless citizenry.

RU-486 is a drug, it has no morality. It is the user who acts morally. The woman decided to abort her child, and with the use of this drug, attempted to do so. With all drug use, there is a risk one takes, and while RU-486 is a normally innocuous drug, in this occassion it was not.

For those opposed to abortion, this is not a supporting argument, for pregnancy itself carries some percentage of risk. These arguments are not the crux of the issue and in the case of this article implying a fallacy.

These are the cases that will occur, now that society feels that killing for convenience is justified. And if only 1 woman ever died from abortion complications, that would still not be the center of this issue.

My point was exactly what you stated, a single or small number of adverse cases used to make a point. In this case, they are advocating the safe use of this drug because it has only killed a couple of people. On the other hand, they will use that same logic to attemp to regulate/ban another substance. Usually one that is quite excellent at helping one to lose weight, fight off allergy's and so forth.

Double standard in my book. Just shows what they want peddled to us.

Top Bottom