Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can we please list all the drugs that are known to lower IGF-1 please.

Carth said:
Yes and Yes.

Like I said. This was my OWN little experiment. Now I am going to stop taking Dos and wait about 2-3 weeks. Then get IGF-1 levels checked out again. If the levels of IGF-1 are up to 440 ( like always! ), then NO MORE DOSTINEX!

I bet if you kept taking the Dostinex and retested the IGF-1 you would have gotten a more reasonable number. This should not have happened in your case.

thx9000 said:
I bet if you kept taking the Dostinex and retested the IGF-1 you would have gotten a more reasonable number. This should not have happened in your case.

HUH?! What do you mean? I don't understand T. I take the same dose of GH ED!!! And everytime I get bloodwork done for my IGF-1. The level is ALWAYS between 435-445. ALWAYS!!!

I take Dostinex and the shit drops down to fucking 150?!!! HOLY SHIT!!!! No way! No more Dos for me! Screw that!!!

But let me not say anything anymore about this. Let me do the little experiment I said I was going to do. And I'll keep you guys posted in about 2-3 weeks how my IGF-1 levels turn out.

LftHndPwrHouse said:
Pegvisomant (Somavert). This medication, a growth hormone antagonist, acts to block the effect of GH on body tissues. You administer this medication yourself daily by subcutaneous injection. This medication can normalize IGF-I levels in many people with acromegaly but doesn't lower GH levels or reduce the tumor size.

Octreotide (Sandostatin, Sandostatin LAR Depot). This drug can interfere with the excessive secretion of GH by the pituitary, and thus can produce rapid declines in GH levels. When starting on octreotide, you initially inject yourself with a short-acting preparation under your skin (subcutaneously) three times a day to determine if you have any side effects from the medication and if it's effective. Then, if tolerated and effective, you can take a long-acting form that requires an injection into the muscles of your buttocks (gluteal muscles) by your doctor and administered once a month.

Both drugs have been given to teens with a high level of IGF with lowering test levels. The problem is all the drugs were ment to slow down the natural production you are using a synthetic form.

Yes, I read this many times on some websites. But I also did read that cabergoline could also lower IGF-1 by itself too!

Carth said:
Yes, I read this many times on some websites. But I also did read that cabergoline could also lower IGF-1 by itself too!

Are you talking about using Dostinex for prolactin contol? If you don't like Dostinex, try B6 @ 200mg ED for prolactin.

bw1 said:
Are you talking about using Dostinex for prolactin contol? If you don't like Dostinex, try B6 @ 200mg ED for prolactin.

Oh no no! I was just testing the whole shit out! Just using myself as guinea pig for the sake of all my EF bros! LOL

Carth said:
HUH?! What do you mean? I don't understand T. I take the same dose of GH ED!!! And everytime I get bloodwork done for my IGF-1. The level is ALWAYS between 435-445. ALWAYS!!!

I take Dostinex and the shit drops down to fucking 150?!!! HOLY SHIT!!!! No way! No more Dos for me! Screw that!!!

But let me not say anything anymore about this. Let me do the little experiment I said I was going to do. And I'll keep you guys posted in about 2-3 weeks how my IGF-1 levels turn out.

Dostinex can be used to control excessive GH, and thus IGF, levels resutling from a GH secreting pituitary tumor. This condition, Acromegaly, occurs in about 60 of every 1,000,000 people. There are about 17,000 such people in the United States, there's a .006% chance you have this disease. Still Dostinex only has this effect in 10% of people with the disease so that's about .0006% of people. Anyhow, you're taking exogeneous GH and thus not supressing GH at all. You would need to find a relationship between Dostinex and the liver's ability to manufacture IGF.

thx9000 said:
Dostinex can be used to control excessive GH, and thus IGF, levels resutling from a GH secreting pituitary tumor. This condition, Acromegaly, occurs in about 60 of every 1,000,000 people. There are about 17,000 such people in the United States, there's a .006% chance you have this disease. Still Dostinex only has this effect in 10% of people with the disease so that's about .0006% of people. Anyhow, you're taking exogeneous GH and thus not supressing GH at all. You would need to find a relationship between Dostinex and the liver's ability to manufacture IGF.

Well, let me do the little experiment in a few weeks. And I'll get back to you guys letting you know the results. Cool?

That's right since the GH is exogenous the dostinex's effect on the pituitary is irrelevant, therefore the dostinex would have to have some effect in the liver to prevent the conversion of GH to IGF1.

Carth, how many measurements have you had showing a consistent high normal IGF reading? IGF1 tends to be volatile in the body so I am not sure if its measurement is an exact science. If it was, then they might be able to start using it to bust professional athletes for GH use.

Triple J said:
That's right since the GH is exogenous the dostinex's effect on the pituitary is irrelevant, therefore the dostinex would have to have some effect in the liver to prevent the conversion of GH to IGF1.

Carth, how many measurements have you had showing a consistent high normal IGF reading? IGF1 tends to be volatile in the body so I am not sure if its measurement is an exact science. If it was, then they might be able to start using it to bust professional athletes for GH use.

I have been on GH HRT for already close to 4 years. I get my IGF-1 levels checked out by the same Doctor at least 4 times a year. And everytime the blood work comes back, my IGF-1 levels are between 435-445. And I take 1.8ius of GH per day. And I always get the blood drawn at 8am and always on Thursdays.

2 weeks of Dostinex at .5mgs 2x a week. Get blood drawn last Thursday at 8am. IGF-1 levels are 154!!!!

How many times do I have to keep repeating myself? LOL

Top Bottom