Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can I lose fat eating carbs or not?

Dude, that thread was excellent. I think the author's right on the money about carbs and macronutrient combos. I'm definitely gonna implement that info into my diet now. And, I'm gonna get a glucose tolerance test...

one of the best threads

this has to be one of the best threads I have read, I used to be 300lbs and so losing 115 lbs by using a low carb diet made me think that a low carb diet was what I had to stay on to stay in shape, but this thread definately has made me realize the truth that basically taking your BMR and lowering it by 5 to 10 percent ( or whatever ) and then partitioning those numbers out in percentages for fats / carbs / proteins and sticking to that will always keep you hypocaloric and thus would keep you from gaining weight back. My goal isn't so much to maintain muscle ( although I really don't want to lose the muscles I have gained ) as it is to never balloon back up. Most fad dieters count calories, when they should be counting grams of carbs / protein / fat

Plus I truly believe low carb is good for short term dieting, but it's all about playing the ratio game while the ratios are below your BMR. I have complete self control on keto diets but it would be nice to incorporate carbs on some level and still lose fat or maintain my weight. My daily intake is like < 20g carbs per day, now if I switch to a zone type or iso caloric diet and I can have 150g's of carbs per day and still lose/maintain weight, whilst completely returning my metabolism to more normal levels ... now that's just solid gold.

I'm glad it was useful at least for you to bump this thread, mojokid. I think it is worth to also take a look to vageta's thread. :)

Hmm

I think no matter what the law of thermodynamics works for everyone, if calories in is less then calories out weight loss will happen. Certian foods or diet methods are better for certain people, with certain will power, desire, dedication and such. No one diet is perfect for everyone. I feel the CKD is great for an overweight person who needs to lose some weight quickly, then transistion into a 50protein, 30carb, 20 fat. Make them mostly complex carbs, oats, pototes etc and you are golden.

Using Ketones for energy will inflict enormous amounts of metabolic stress. Even though you can loose lots of weight this way, it's obviously temporary mostly because of the dehydration effect. Your brain requires carbs for fuel, taking them away can lead to being light headed, or disoriented. It can also create dangerously low blood sugar levels. For those that incorporate insulin, you could be sending your self into a state of comatosis due the severe drop in blood sugar. Constipation is often experienced on this diet as well. Your energy levels will drop... and on top of all that.. it's extremely catabolic. I would highly suggest if you want to lose weight, just look back and see the methods men have used for decades that work over, and over again: Take in fewer calories, eat sparingly, lift weights.. never, EVER fails.

i read a study yesterday in a M & F where they compared different types of diets for one month. They noted no big differences in any of the diets. So as long as you burn more cal then you take in you will lose fat. Also most top pro eat carbs when getting ready for show. They are ripped.

Carbs are not evil dammit!!!!

Using Ketones for energy will inflict enormous amounts of metabolic stress. Even though you can loose lots of weight this way, it's obviously temporary mostly because of the dehydration effect. Your brain requires carbs for fuel, taking them away can lead to being light headed, or disoriented. It can also create dangerously low blood sugar levels. For those that incorporate insulin, you could be sending your self into a state of comatosis due the severe drop in blood sugar. Constipation is often experienced on this diet as well. Your energy levels will drop... and on top of all that.. it's extremely catabolic. I would highly suggest if you want to lose weight, just look back and see the methods men have used for decades that work over, and over again: Take in fewer calories, eat sparingly, lift weights.. never, EVER fails.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. So many people on this board are against carbs for NO GOOD REASON!!!. Dammit there's a difference between a Mars bar and a bowl of brown rice. Keto. Keto. Fucking keto. That's all I hear.

Bottom line: U can get ripped with high carb diet. If u are ripped on a high carb diet, and then u carb deplete for 3 days, you'll be so damn shredded. I'm never more than 3 or 4 day maximum away from being shredded. And I'm cut all year long. High carb, low fat, moderate, but not high protein. Cardio. It works.

Top Bottom