Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can anyone recommend a good Pro Bar that is low in sugar??

Fantom604 said:

I was wondering the same thing, Nate... what's wrong with them? Sure, they have calories in the form of glycerine, but it has a neglible effect on bloodsugar, unlike a "snickers." I don't see any way they couldn't be incorporated into even the most serious diets.

I think it all depends on the bar - clearly, some are better than others. I know that the original Met-rx bars (in flavors like chocolate chip cookie dough, and graham cracker chip, etc.,) have nearly 50g of sugar (I think in the form of glucose!!).

But with the new trend in "low-carb" bars, there are lots of products on the market that are not merely "glorified candy bars". You just have to read labels I suppose....and obviously try to derive most of your protein from whole ("real") foods....

I was saying that protein bars are crap - At least a Snickers has some good fats in them from the peanuts...

Just my 0.02

Atkins protein bars only 2 grams of carbs and work good if your wanting to keep your carbs low enought to produce ketostones.

RippedUp said:
I was saying that protein bars are crap - At least a Snickers has some good fats in them from the peanuts...

Just my 0.02

I agree about protein bars, but Snickers bars as an alternative because they have good fats from the peanuts? Great advice bro. :rolleyes:

gymtime said:

I agree about protein bars, but Snickers bars as an alternative because they have good fats from the peanuts? Great advice bro. :rolleyes:

Dooood.... I'm just being sarcastic..
I'm saying that the protein bars and Snickers can almost be put in the same category of foods. i.e. junk food (IMHO)

Top Bottom