Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calves...

you know what would rip your inner thighs and shock calves too? Sprinting training. I do that when it is warm enough, and it really hits both those areas (and hammers the hamstrings).

Reactions: ion
It does hit them hard... However, weather does not permit too much sprinting this time of year, but I love sprinting.

I know that I have really been concentrating on bulk these days, and am looking to make the legs into piston-like instruments. I'll have to wait and see what happens. Trial and error... It's all about making it happen.

For training those bad boys FUCK foot positions. THAT DOESN't DO SHIT! Put your feet however you feel most comfortable....just make sure you don't put too much foot on the "step".

The main thing is to do both Seated and Standing. You need to do both in order to hit both heads. (ie. legs in a bent position and legs straight)

The other thing that you need to do is pile on the weight (after warm up) and do drop sets! Keep your reps SLOW and steady when you are going heavy. (you can step up the pace a little as they catch on fire but don't go nuts) Have your partner peel off weights and you go to failure.

Try some negative reps too! These are both very important intensity tech. for forcing growth. Train like this for the next few months and they will be hard as nails! If you not limping at the end, you have done something wrong. You should be hitting them twice a week.

What to kick it up another notch? Try having someone help you on the positive and then PUSH down on the negative. (Called forced Negatives.) Do this on your last ball busting set. I don't recommend doing this every workout and make sure the person that is spotting knows that they are doing or you could get hurt.

happy training.

p.s. lets not post about training on the anabolic board bro!

Grainger

Last edited:
Change the postion of your toes, try super sets and trisets
Example:
Leg Press Toe Raise 20reps
Standing Toe Rainse 20reps
Seated Toe Raise 20reps
do this for 4 sets you'll get good results.
you have really blast your calves, you have to rember that your on them all day long so in order to get a good pump you must hammer them hard.

Basic Anatomy

Any rotation of the foot either inward or outward can only occur at the hip. If you can rotate your foot in and out while keeping said appendage parallel to the floor, calmly pick up the phone and dial for medical assistance.

aurelius, I assume that you are with me on this one? I don't all these people talking about changing the position of your feet! That is old school bullshit if you ask me! Turning your feet in or out doesn't do shit.

Grainger said:
aurelius, I assume that you are with me on this one? I don't all these people talking about changing the position of your feet! That is old school bullshit if you ask me! Turning your feet in or out doesn't do shit.
What works for one may not work for the other, this are just suggestion. this person may not get result when keeping the toe at a regular position, and may get result with different position of the toes. I get results either way.

to BIG RICH

You say that you get results no matter where you put your feet. That would point to lack of necessity of moving them in or out, I believe.

to GRAINGER

No, I don´t think it matters either way. However, the technique is not necessarliy "bullshit," as you qualified it, simply because it might be considered old school. Rather for said anatomical reasons.

all the best

try doing sets of calves between sets of other workouts.... before you know it you're working calves 2-4 times a week

Top Bottom