Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cackerot69 you seem to be the man.

GenetiKing,

I really don't think so. I've been in contact with endpoint (we're both from down under) and there is no need for any trolling from him or crackerot.

Crackerot does have some good info, good to have people with info on the board.

hardgainer (not impersonating anyone but myself)

absolute hardgainer said:
GenetiKing,

I really don't think so. I've been in contact with endpoint (we're both from down under) and there is no need for any trolling from him or crackerot.

I know...it was just a joke. Sorry...:FRlol:

Robboe said:
Muscle strength and size are proportional both ways.

For the most part...yes.

However, neuromuscular adaptions can occur with little or no hypertrophy. The result is a stronger muscle that may not necessarily be larger.

This is probably most frequently seen in beginners. That's why many newbies sometimes see no gains for the first few weeks of training. The body will often respond to the new stimulus of weight training with greater neuromuscular adaption of existing muscle tissue as a hedge against adding the metabolically expensive muscle. (Your body would rather not add muscle because it will require greater maintenace and usage of valuable resources, i.e. calories.)

GenetiKing said:

For the most part...yes.

However, neuromuscular adaptions can occur with little or no hypertrophy. The result is a stronger muscle that may not necessarily be larger.

This is probably most frequently seen in beginners. That's why many newbies sometimes see no gains for the first few weeks of training. The body will often respond to the new stimulus of weight training with greater neuromuscular adaption of existing muscle tissue as a hedge against adding the metabolically expensive muscle. (Your body would rather not add muscle because it will require greater maintenace and usage of valuable resources, i.e. calories.)

True, but you also want to look at it long term. Will an arm that can curl 40 lbs be a hell of a lot bigger when it can curl 200 lbs? I say absolutely. Mine sure did.

Yah, my apologies GeneticKing - i was going under the assumption that you guys were bodybuilders and not powerlifters [there is another forum for that i see].

It is right that you can get strong with very low reps and this not be enough for optimum hypertrophy, but if you are training with a good rep range 4-6 and 10-12 and your diet is spot on and you aren't overtraining, then it's pretty hard for a stronger muscle not to be a larger muscle!

Top Bottom