Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cackerot69 you seem to be the man.

endpoint

You have the answer to everything in this field so i want to know if you can shed some light.
was going to send an email/PM......but i know a few people would be interested.

EATING FOR STRENGTH.
as opposed to eating for muscle.

does it differ in anyway?

if the training you are doing doesnt invoke much hypertrophy......but is making you stronger(nervous system training). do you eat the same way as the good ole' 4 sets 12 reps hypertrophy training?

sorry if i have put you on the spot, you seem to know what you are on about.

excuse the laymens approach........but that is what i am!

First of all, I wouldn't recommend 4 sets of 12 for hypertrophy training :)

But, all in all, eating for strength and size should be very similar, but you would just want to eat more for size purposes (to support growth).

Cackerot69 said:
First of all, I wouldn't recommend 4 sets of 12 for hypertrophy training :)

lol. Ditto to that.

It also depends on your goals. Raw, brute strength, without size limitations involves eating craploads of everything.

However, I'd say powerlifters, OLs, or other individuals who often need to make weight

a) follow stricter diets, to avoid needless gain in adipose tissue, and

b) emphasize maximizing neuromuscular adaptation. Hypertrophy in and of itself may not be optimal nor sufficient for success in these cases; what I'd say also plays a vital role ito these folks is eating to maximize recovery, and absolutely MINIMIZING fat gain at all times.

Unlike bodybuilders, strength athletes cannot afford to deplete themselves quite as thoroughly when competition time arrives, therefore long cutting cycles and severe dehydration techniques are often out of the question.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Since i dont really understand the process......would i be trying to get more protein? or would carbs be more ideal?

is it possible to lose weight and build strength?

I have had some success in the last 4 weeks with weight loss. but at the same time ALL my lifts have improved.

I have been doing cardio after i come home from school every second day

"Since i dont really understand the process......would i be trying to get more protein? or would carbs be more ideal?"

Both. You would want to eat enough protein and carbs to support muscle growth, and enough carbs to make sure glycogen is kept saturated at all times.

"is it possible to lose weight and build strength?"

Yes, through increased neuromuscular efficientcy, golgi tendon strength, and other non-bodyweight related things.

"I have had some success in the last 4 weeks with weight loss. but at the same time ALL my lifts have improved."

You just answered the above question :)

Another thing is that more muscle = more strength. A bigger muscle IS a stronger muscle. But, you want to make sure you aren't decreasing your relative strength by increasing your muscle mass (in PLing, and OLing). Optimal hypertrophy means continuing to develop building muscle only as long as that extra bulk continues to provide you with significant increases in strength and power. If you add 20lbs to your bodymass and your total increases by only 10lbs in a higher bodymass division, then your relative strength has decreased and that added hypertrophy is wasted on you.

I don't get why anybody would ask cack about dieting I mean just ask him what kinda diet he follows ; )
pizza, ice cream, coffee, and not to mention his damn sleeping pills.

Yes. Optimization of neuromuscular efficiency is mas importante que hypertrophy, if you're already fairly lean and strong. So, optimize what you've got.

:fro:

Top Bottom