Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Brithish guy slaming American Cars...

Big Rick Rock

istrator
catbeatingcar.gif
 
LOL @ comparing a $20,000 mustang toa $70,000 porche

LOL @ using a $40,000 Escalade in a test during offroad comparison vs. two $80,000 built offroad vehicles

LOL @ seeing which car held water inside better being some type of impressive quality in a car



UK is just mad cus their only profitable export vehicle is the MiniCoop and even that investment flopped hard as fuck in the states
 
borris said:
LOL @ comparing a $20,000 mustang toa $70,000 porche

LOL @ using a $40,000 Escalade in a test during offroad comparison vs. two $80,000 built offroad vehicles

LOL @ seeing which car held water inside better being some type of impressive quality in a car



UK is just mad cus their only profitable export vehicle is the MiniCoop and even that investment flopped hard as fuck in the states
I like the mini lol
 
That guy was so full of shit I could smell it through my monitor. I've been at more than one test facility, and the Mustang handles much better than that in the corners. I didn't see the Viper or a late model Vette in there anywhere either.

Pound for pound when you look at production numbers, price, usefulness, etc. American cars beat the euro's hands down. Unfortunately this is also true for Japanese made automobiles.

I can't even lol at this guy...
 
Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear.

He is HILARIOUS and does all sorts of outrageous and ridiculous things on his show.

Like driving a tiny tiny car all the way into the BBC offices for a meeting.

Having cars race airplanes.

He took some all terrain vehicle all the way to the north pole, racing one of the co-presenters who went by dog-sled.

He puts celebrities in serious sports cars and has them do laps at tracks to see who has the best times.

He completely slated 'caravaning' when he went on a caravan holiday and ended up blowing up the caravan.

The show has been on for ages, and there is also a car magazine
I wouldn't take it personally or get your knix in a twist about it, you would have to watch the program to get it.
 
but yeah, American cars aren't really built up to German/Japanese quality.

This guy has nothing to bring to the table when it comes to cars because U.K. doesn't produce any quality vehicles that are affordable whatsoever, so his argument is irrelevant. It's like a 300 lb. obese 16yo calling a grown 220 lb. adult a fatass
 
he always hates on american cars almost part of the show, he has his own car show on BBC.

the car he drives a FORD. yep a FORD. He drives the Ford GT



he hates on benzos more then anything else actually
 
and what was that he was trying to fill........a 78 lincoln?? LMAO!!

Now I personally think the escalade is a raging piece of dog shit........but ask any owner of one whether he bought it to cruise the boulevard or take it offroading..??? I think we know the answer. The Hummer was interesting though.......confims my beleifs that car has turned into a status symbol as well and can't hold it's own in conditions that it was "originally" designed for. Why anyone would want a Hummer is beyond me.........they're ugly as fuck!! It's saying alot when a car makes a landrover look stylish.
 
I knew it'd be Nige from Top Gear just from the thread title.

Peeps at least part of Nigel's professed loathing of all things American is an affectation, ie. he's not entirely serious about all of it. Notice that he ran the Lotus against a car with an archaic rear axle setup that he knew would handle like a pig. If he'd really wanted to compare it against a good american sports car he'd have picked a vette. The show's all in good fun.
 
RottenWillow said:
I knew it'd be Nige from Top Gear just from the thread title.

Peeps at least part of Nigel's professed loathing of all things American is an affectation, ie. he's not entirely serious about all of it. Notice that he ran the Lotus against a car with an archaic rear axle setup that he knew would handle like a pig. If he'd really wanted to compare it against a good american sports car he'd have picked a vette. The show's all in good fun.


how the hell are you single RW? I felt a little movement there..........jus sayin....... :qt:
 
RottenWillow said:
You watch Top Gear, Red?


every now and then........mostly see clips of the net that my buddy sends me, he's a huge car freak. I'm not that big of a car nut.......but I do appreciate a woman with carnal knowledge about the internal workings of an automobile.
 
redsamurai said:
...I do appreciate a woman with carnal knowledge about the internal workings of an automobile.


christ I've forgotten tons since I stopped tinkering with cars last year. It's scary how fast you lose knowledge you dont keep applying. Spring '06 I bored out my throttle body and fabbed a new TB plate from stainless steel and rebuilt the thing. No way I would try that now without a refresher first.
 
RottenWillow said:
christ I've forgotten tons since I stopped tinkering with cars last year. It's scary how fast you lose knowledge you dont keep applying. Spring '06 I bored out my throttle body and fabbed a new TB plate from stainless steel and rebuilt the thing. No way I would try that now without a refresher first.


If we lived close by I'd come and spank you right now cause you're just talking naughty now! :D
 
The British make HORRIBLE cars. This is a joke!

Even the Japs are making crappy cars. Quality at Toyota has gone into the shitter over the past few years.
 
I haven't even looked at the link yet but already know it's got to be Jeremy Clarkson.

And he's right. American cars are crap.
 
I like American cars. If I could absorb the expense, I would get a Camaro like the one in the Transformer movie.


That dude was funny though.
 
Tatyana said:
Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear.

He is HILARIOUS and does all sorts of outrageous and ridiculous things on his show.

Like driving a tiny tiny car all the way into the BBC offices for a meeting.

Having cars race airplanes.

He took some all terrain vehicle all the way to the north pole, racing one of the co-presenters who went by dog-sled.

He puts celebrities in serious sports cars and has them do laps at tracks to see who has the best times.

He completely slated 'caravaning' when he went on a caravan holiday and ended up blowing up the caravan.

The show has been on for ages, and there is also a car magazine
I wouldn't take it personally or get your knix in a twist about it, you would have to watch the program to get it.

It was the best when they went driving through the Deep South, the Top Gear gang paint each others cars with slogans to incite trouble. lol
 
The Old Vet said:
The British make HORRIBLE cars. This is a joke!

Even the Japs are making crappy cars. Quality at Toyota has gone into the shitter over the past few years.

Astin Martin...

crappy?

WTF
 
The Old Vet said:
The British make HORRIBLE cars. This is a joke!

Even the Japs are making crappy cars. Quality at Toyota has gone into the shitter over the past few years.


Jaguar?

Bentley?
 
American cars have some excellent qualities - strength, engine durability for one.

Regional biases are ignorance when it comes to judging cars - whether they are Japanese, European or American.

Clarkson has never been known for being objective, his anti-Americanism in this and other clips, whether it's pretend or real does make him a jerk.



b0und (still drives a German and a Japanese car)
 
The Old Vet said:
The British make HORRIBLE cars. This is a joke!

Even the Japs are making crappy cars. Quality at Toyota has gone into the shitter over the past few years.

MG?

Triumph?

Rolls Royce?

The program is meant to be humorous, and he is quite controversial.

NOTHING in the UK is exempt from having 'the piss taken out of it'

He has also slated some of the newer models of luxury Brit cars.

Like I said earlier, don't take it personally, Brit humour

:)
 
perkele said:
It was the best when they went driving through the Deep South, the Top Gear gang paint each others cars with slogans to incite trouble. lol

That really does demonstrate the program.

He does do some serious things, the program has set land speed records, stuff like that, but really, it is FUNNY most of the time.

He also picks on the Germans and BMWs at times.
 
Mr. dB said:
I haven't even looked at the link yet but already know it's got to be Jeremy Clarkson.


That's what I said, and yes we were both right. I alway call him Nigel though, cuz he looks like a Nigel to me.
 
I dunno jack schitt bout cars, 'cept you turn the key and they go.... well, that is unless you don't replace the battery in your Jag key fob and make the mistake of turning the key the wrong direction too many times while manually opening the car which causes the car's anti-theft thingie to activate and lock the car out - that's right you can't even have that fucker towed. :rolleyes:

*sigh*

Well at least I won't be worrying about having my car stolen. It seems that it just can't be done! LOL

I gotta A LOTTA miles on my Jaguar and never had a problem with it, that is, till I didn't listen to my hubby and get the damned battery replaced. Consequently several hundred bucks worth of wine *trapped* in my freaking trunk whilest I gotta wait for the anti-theft situation to be rectified.

We are looking at getting me a classic car down the line. I never knew how beautiful some of those older cars were... I REALLY like the 66 Rolls. And there was a 56 that was sooooooooooooo "Old Style Hollywood" Glam... I know it sounds stoopid maybe but I am not into getting some mad crazy fast sports car dealio, I just don't see the value in spending money like that. For what? It isn't like the speeding ticket is cheaper if you are nailed driving a Ferrari... is it?... I actually have some silly notion of teaching my girls to drive in a beautiful old classic vehicle. I initially thought maybe a 1967 (the year of my birth) but I didn't like the body style nearly as much as the 1966. And my father came to this country in 1956 so that made that style doubly appealing for me.

I never really cared about cars... only that it got me from point A till point B .... and then my Old Grump ruined me. :lmao:

Honestly, who cares what country makes "the best" car? As long as you can get what you want wherever it is that you live... does it REALLY matter? :whatever:
 
that was funny... just a tidbit of info, my RAM now has 115+ thousand miles and my 99 toyota solara is about to hit 140,000. Still runs strong. I'm waiting on the clutch to go... shocked it hasn't

Whiskey
 
Tatyana said:
Check out this thread for more examples of Brit humour


http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/chat-conversation/bit-o-brit-humour-572647.html

OR go and find some of the clips from 'Little Britain' on youtube.

We also take the mic out of ourselves

:)
I used to complain about the BBC and channel 4's service but after experiencing the complete drivel that's broadcasted around the rest of the world I'd never utter a bad word against them again.

Just finished watching the Peep Show and a bunch of Alan Partridge dvds, the best comedy I've seen in years.
 
BIKINIMOM said:
We are looking at getting me a classic car down the line. I never knew how beautiful some of those older cars were... I REALLY like the 66 Rolls. And there was a 56 that was sooooooooooooo "Old Style Hollywood" Glam... I know it sounds stoopid maybe but I am not into getting some mad crazy fast sports car dealio, I just don't see the value in spending money like that. For what? It isn't like the speeding ticket is cheaper if you are nailed driving a Ferrari... is it?... I actually have some silly notion of teaching my girls to drive in a beautiful old classic vehicle. I initially thought maybe a 1967 (the year of my birth) but I didn't like the body style nearly as much as the 1966. And my father came to this country in 1956 so that made that style doubly appealing for me.

I don't think there's any difference between a '66 and '67 Rolls Royce. Unless you're comparing a Silver Cloud to a Silver Shadow.

1956 is a very good year to commemorate though, since it's the year of my birth.


BIKINIMOM said:
Honestly, who cares what country makes "the best" car? As long as you can get what you want wherever it is that you live... does it REALLY matter? :whatever:

I care because America should be able to make best-in-class cars in every category. GM and Ford certainly have the engineering know-how and resources to do it. Instead they choose to make 4-wheeled disposible appliances. So I will continue to complain, and spend my money elsewhere. I would prefer to be able to take pride in the products of my country.
 
every British car i have ever owned was an attractive, fun but UNRELIABLE piece of shit.....an excellent excuse for keeping a relaible american or jap car for back up on the 4 morning out of 7 when the (jaguar, mg, triumph, sunbeam or british-leyland whatever) was squatting in my driveway, rusting away, leaking out vital fluids and spitting out fuses at me.
 
wadddua expect out of people who drive on the wrong side of the road and drink warm beer?


:lmao:
 
rnch said:
wadddua expect out of people who drive on the wrong side of the road and drink warm beer?


:lmao:

That's LAGER darling, LAGER

Usually not warm anymore either

One of my fav jokes

What's the similarity between American Beer and having sex in a boat?













They are both Fc-uking close to water

:)

Proper lager and bitters RULE
 
redsamurai said:
yeah, last i heard british cars had "horrible" reliablity ratings. I dunno..........

What British cars? There aren't many left. Rolls Royce is part of BMW now, Bentley is owned by VW, Land Rover and Jaguar are owned by Ford, Lotus is owned by Malaysians. MG/Rover/Triumph/Austin/Morris no longer exist although the Chinese own rights to the names "MG" and "Rover". That leaves Aston-Martin, which until recently was part of Ford but recently sold to a private investment group; Bristol and Morgan are the only all-Brit auto makers left.
 
my last british POS was an early 70's jaguar xj6 sedan.

wonderfull car, gracefull, beautifull styling, sexy interior full of real wood and leather....but an infuriating car!

the oil filler cap was made of a different metal than the valve cover...when the car heated up the cap was impossible to remove.

there was 2 gas tanks and gas caps, one on each rear fender.

if you tried to run the air conditioning in traffic (needed 8 months out of the year here in the swamps), it would over heat and bork out antifreeze quickly.

this was an older pre fuel injection model, with SU carburators that were impossible to keep adjusted, would change their settings with minute temperature and humidtiy level changes.

the car had a manual choke, which most peeps do not know how to use. my gf at the time would either forget to pull the choke out, wearing down the battery to a feeble yellow headlite glow trying to get it to start, or pull it out and forget about it and the car would start borking out black smoke 3 miles down the road and die on her. (yes, she was a dumb blond, but had....other...talents)

the final straw was one hot, humid day in august when we were both in the car, dressed up, going to one of her many, many gf's wedding. a sudden thunderstorm errupted...we began franticlly trying to close up windows/sunroof....all at the same time the fuses for the power windows, sunroof and air conditioning compressor melted. we were stuck in nawlinz's typical 96 degree day/96 percent humidity, no a/c, windows half up and sunroof 2/3 open.

the next day i detailed the hell outta the jag and parked the British Bitch in the garage until i sold it.
 
Mr. dB said:
I don't think there's any difference between a '66 and '67 Rolls Royce. Unless you're comparing a Silver Cloud to a Silver Shadow.

1956 is a very good year to commemorate though, since it's the year of my birth.




I care because America should be able to make best-in-class cars in every category. GM and Ford certainly have the engineering know-how and resources to do it. Instead they choose to make 4-wheeled disposible appliances. So I will continue to complain, and spend my money elsewhere. I would prefer to be able to take pride in the products of my country.

Fair enough...
 
rnch said:
my last british POS was an early 70's jaguar xj6 sedan.

wonderfull car, gracefull, beautifull styling, sexy interior full of real wood and leather....but an infuriating car!

the oil filler cap was made of a different metal than the valve cover...when the car heated up the cap was impossible to remove.

there was 2 gas tanks and gas caps, one on each rear fender.

if you tried to run the air conditioning in traffic (needed 8 months out of the year here in the swamps), it would over heat and bork out antifreeze quickly.

this was an older pre fuel injection model, with SU carburators that were impossible to keep adjusted, would change their settings with minute temperature and humidtiy level changes.

the car had a manual choke, which most peeps do not know how to use. my gf at the time would either forget to pull the choke out, wearing down the battery to a feeble yellow headlite glow trying to get it to start, or pull it out and forget about it and the car would start borking out black smoke 3 miles down the road and die on her. (yes, she was a dumb blond, but had....other...talents)

the final straw was one hot, humid day in august when we were both in the car, dressed up, going to one of her many, many gf's wedding. a sudden thunderstorm errupted...we began franticlly trying to close up windows/sunroof....all at the same time the fuses for the power windows, sunroof and air conditioning compressor melted. we were stuck in nawlinz's typical 96 degree day/96 percent humidity, no a/c, windows half up and sunroof 2/3 open.

the next day i detailed the hell outta the jag and parked the British Bitch in the garage until i sold it.

:lmao:

I am fully aware of the running joke that you need two jaguars: one to drive while the other is in the shop. But from what I understand (and my experience) the later models don't have the issues the earlier models did.

I never really much cared for them to be honest (not that I ever dreamed I would own one). But I do admit, mine has kinda grown on me. :)
 
JayC9 said:
Just finished watching the Peep Show and a bunch of Alan Partridge dvds, the best comedy I've seen in years.


Seconded. Absolute brilliance...they both put American humour to shame.
 
Lucas electrics (found on most british cars) is known as "the prince of darkness"





BWHAHAHAHA
 
This episode is funny (Top Gear American Road Trip) :-

Part 5 is best. Clarkson vs Recknecks/Hicks (is there a difference?) LOL at "I honestly belive now that in parts of America people have started to mate with vegetables".

Part 1 http://youtube.com/watch?v=mgaRdX5RQNA

Part 2 http://youtube.com/watch?v=JMWZx8N6RWk

Part 3 http://youtube.com/watch?v=ObYwROi6apQ&feature=related

Part 4 http://youtube.com/watch?v=DpJ3l6ABOCQ&feature=related

Part 5 http://youtube.com/watch?v=2V-2BKwPdK4&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wfldYXBnwRk&feature=related

Part 5 is best. Clarkson vs Recknecks/Hicks (is there a difference?)
 
Last edited:
rnch said:
Lucas electrics (found on most british cars) is known as "the prince of darkness"





BWHAHAHAHA


You're living in the past.
 
Haha Top Gear is an AWESOME show Jerome Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond are all hilarious. Seriously to you guys getting all shirty and taking it all personnal this is just the style of the show - they rip many things apart. Great responses Tatayana - telling it how it is.
 
defiantely he ALWAYS bashes american rides but his comparos are at LEAST 2 times the cash and usually much much more than that.
 
BIKINIMOM said:
:lmao:

I am fully aware of the running joke that you need two jaguars: one to drive while the other is in the shop. But from what I understand (and my experience) the later models don't have the issues the earlier models did.

I never really much cared for them to be honest (not that I ever dreamed I would own one). But I do admit, mine has kinda grown on me. :)
i am told that there are peeps who have a jaguar for their ONLY car nowadays.
 
rnch said:
this from someone who is playing all his Beatles 8 track tapes still? :lmao:

Like The Eagles are much more current or relevant?
 
I just bought myself a 2008 GMC Envoy Denali and will only buy American, not that , that means anything, anymore, for the most part.
 
Top Bottom