Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

body's preferred source of fuel

Actually I believe alcohol is the preferred source LOL. Your body will burn alcohol calories before any other calories can be used.

In animal studies we use the word 'preferred' to mean whatever the animal will eat first, or in preference to other foods that are offered at the same time. Using this criteria, glucose is unquestionably the preferred fuel in humans (after alcohol) whether they are in ketosis or not, and whether they are underfed or overfed. Your body MUST deal with blood glucose in a timely and efficient manner or else you will be very ill/dead. All other macronutrients can wait to be dealt with to a certain extent.

PwB said:
CytoMel is absolutely right and everyone could benefit from living on mainly meat. Fat is our preffered fuel for most activities and provides 90% of our energy at rest.

Thanks and I like diet posts and agree with almost all of your diet plan too.

I differ a tad in that I like a small amount of occasional carbs- 100 grams or so after training and occasionally I like to drink and party. Then I get right back on the meat wagon.

PwB said:
CytoMel is absolutely right and everyone could benefit from living on mainly meat. Fat is our preffered fuel for most activities and provides 90% of our energy at rest.

PwB could you give me your source for this 90% number.

Top Bottom