Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilding Routines: Post Your Bodybuilding Training For Help With A New Routine

Re: Bodybuilding Routines: Post Your Bodybuilding Training For Help With A New Routin

how many sets per week is overkill for calves?

Re: Bodybuilding Routines: Post Your Bodybuilding Training For Help With A New Routin

Hey guys, i'm starting a new routine next week, its a mix of progressive and periodisation. I just wanna see if you boys can critique it....

it's a 3 day split of course.

all exercises are done between 80 - 95% of 1rm

Mon

Squat 5x5

bench 5x5

DL 5x5

pendlay rows 5x5

dips 4x to failure

abs 3x to fail

wed
squat 4x5

Mil press 5x5

Deadlift 4x5

Chins 4 x failure

fri

fri works a little differently as it's in line with the madcow int routine (First 4 sets are the same as Monday's, the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rd set for a final set of 8)

squat 4x5 1x3 1x8

bench - same

pendlay rows - same

arm curls/tricep work

some ab work

I'll be going hard with this workout for 3 weeks then i'll take a week to deload where i'll do 2 sets of everything instead of 5 but keep the 80-95% 1rm

Thanks, any comments are greatly appreciated.

don't deadlift on 2 days rest.. Espcially if you're DLing heavy 5x5. I also don't know how you can do 5x5 with 80-95% of your 1 RM (well 95% lol) 5x5

What are your goals/current lifts?

sorry i meant 80-95% of 5rm lol

lift's arnt so good, not been doing DL's or squats long thats why it's a bit out of whack.

1rm =

BP - 242

DL - 370

Squat - 246

Well at the moment i'm 200lbs/6'1/22 years old at roughly 15% BF, i've been lifting for the past 5 years now and put on a good 40lbs lean muscle, I've been a bit clueless on my weight training routines like i've said i've only just started doing big compound lifts within the last 9 months or so, and i've only been doing them once each per week. I've basically been following this routine Wannabebig 1.1 - An Improved Routine | Wannabebig

Then I read through Madcow's site and others and got clued in so now i've revamped my routine, dont have any goals other than i wanna be 210lbs and eventually 15% or so BF - i'm more into reaching the weight than reaching a target lift :)

Thanks for responding btw, do you think i could DL on a friday? I really wanna do this twice per week if i can

Right guys this is the routine i am going to follow for my bulk when i get back from my hols.

Monday
Bench press 5 x 5
overhead press 5 x 5
dips 5 x 5

Wednesday
deadlifts 5 x 5
barbell rows 5 x 5
barbell curls 5 x 5

Friday
squats 5 x 5
stiff leg dead lifts 5 x 5
Calf raises 3 x 12

Ive decided to cut out all isolation work and focus on getting my big lifts up as i feel i have been going wrong the past few years following a 4 day split and doing to many isolation exercises. Am i right in doing this sort of workout first to put on some mass then when my strengths up add isolation work?

whats up guys
im 19 years old and ive been working out since i was 16 but not seriously.
im in shape but not like i want to be. i want to get serious about my workout and diet. my workout is getting a little repetitive and i want to try something new. im still going for a cut look and i wouldnt mind gaining some more muscle.
i usually do a body part based workout
Day 1: Chest Tri
Day 2: back Bi
Day 3: Legs
Day 4: shoulders, calves, traps
i do cardio for 20 mins before the workout

if you guys have any info on how to get more of a result with a new workout and what to do with my diet, it would really help

Right guys this is the routine i am going to follow for my bulk when i get back from my hols.

Monday
Bench press 5 x 5
overhead press 5 x 5
dips 5 x 5

Wednesday
deadlifts 5 x 5
barbell rows 5 x 5
barbell curls 5 x 5

Friday
squats 5 x 5
stiff leg dead lifts 5 x 5
Calf raises 3 x 12

Ive decided to cut out all isolation work and focus on getting my big lifts up as i feel i have been going wrong the past few years following a 4 day split and doing to many isolation exercises. Am i right in doing this sort of workout first to put on some mass then when my strengths up add isolation work?

Just a suggestion for maximum recovery...

Do Fridays workout on Monday and Mondays workout on Wednesday. This will give you more rest between squats and deadlifts.

Are you advanced enough to use periodization? As a matter of fact, can you tell me what periodization is? I'm not trying to flame you, but this routine is a clusterfuck. You've mentioned Madcow, why not follow the intermediate 5x5 as he has laid out? That would be your best bet imo.

Hey guys, i'm starting a new routine next week, its a mix of progressive and periodisation. I just wanna see if you boys can critique it....

it's a 3 day split of course.

all exercises are done between 80 - 95% of 1rm

Mon

Squat 5x5

bench 5x5

DL 5x5

pendlay rows 5x5

dips 4x to failure

abs 3x to fail

wed
squat 4x5

Mil press 5x5

Deadlift 4x5

Chins 4 x failure

fri

fri works a little differently as it's in line with the madcow int routine (First 4 sets are the same as Monday's, the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rd set for a final set of 8)

squat 4x5 1x3 1x8

bench - same

pendlay rows - same

arm curls/tricep work

some ab work

I'll be going hard with this workout for 3 weeks then i'll take a week to deload where i'll do 2 sets of everything instead of 5 but keep the 80-95% 1rm

Thanks, any comments are greatly appreciated.

how many sets per week is overkill for calves?

I want you to take a step back and re-read this question.

Then I'm going to ask you a question. Does it really fucking matter? Unless you are some genetic anomally your calves will not grow to 20 inches at a bodyweight of 180.

Train your calves once or twice per week and eat. They will grow in proportion to the rest of your body.

I want you to take a step back and re-read this question.

Then I'm going to ask you a question. Does it really fucking matter? Unless you are some genetic anomally your calves will not grow to 20 inches at a bodyweight of 180.

Train your calves once or twice per week and eat. They will grow in proportion to the rest of your body.

ok, well Iv heard both sides of it, Iv heard to train them once like any other bodypart, and then nomak666 on here is doing 12 sets 6 times per week to complete failure. thats 72 sets per week...

Top Bottom