Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

body builders: Please Help!

troy2001

I weigh 140 pounds and am not sure how much protein to take to start gaining muscle. I've heard everything from 1 to 2.5 times your body weight. I have a weak appetite and don't make that much money. I think that all I can manage is 70 to 100% of my body weight. If that is all I can get, am I just wasting my time?

I've also heard that you must get adequate calories, carbs, and protein to gain muscle. Is this true, or is adequate protein all I need?

I've also heard I should gradually increase my protein intake. What is a good schedule to follow?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I would appreciate any help.

damn.. that's alot of questions... did you first try to research any of them... "search" around the board.. i promise you, many if not all your questions will be answered.. .

you can eat cheap easy, just eat calorie dense foods. you need adaquate protien yes, but the more important factor is calorie intake @140 lbs and lifting about 3-4 hard days a week you should be eating about 140 +/- 30g of protein a day and about 2800 calories a day. think high complex carbs! high protein, and I dare say if you have a week appetite think moderate to high fat, not lard man!, but olive oils, steaks, butter, etc.

Pizza, Pasta, Breads, fruits, beans, Oats and grains, 0.99 burger king hamburgers, ice cream, steak, protein supplements, mrp powders, etc. etc.

food is good, eat a lot.

I agree.....you can stand some quality calories along with your food intake just try to watch your fat intake.....RADAR

The boys gave you some good advice - pay attention.

I weighed 145 when i started and wasted alot of time working out too long and eating too little. 4 x 1 hour per week is lots. eat 6 meals a day ( or 4 meals and 2 shakes ), take a multivit and get 8-9 hrs sleep. Stay away from booze except maybe a couple on weekends. You should be able to put on 10-20lbs in the 1st year naturally.

I didn't do my first cycle until i was already 170 and had a good foundation.

good luck!

h.

hard is correct food,rest,it all plays a role in establishing a solid foundation.remember rome wasn't built in a day.once you get alot of training and a good foundation then you can start pouring cement!!! RADAR

bro i'm 230 now, but before i was 180 when i started. Calories are essential essentia essential. There is no way possible to grow without the calories. and if you have a fast metabolism you gotta eat even more. Personally when bulking i used to stop at wendy's or MickyD's and eat a 99cent double cheeseburger in between meals. Try eating 4 times a day then up it to 5 or 6 times a day. Invest in a weight gainer like Prolab's, that's the best one i think. Don't waste your money on supplements other than protein or weight gainers right now. You jus have to slowly up your calories... i stress slowly. And WORK OUT HARD!!!! and i mean HARD!!! no pussy shit and no crappy machines. Lots of people go to the gym for months or even years and they look the same year after year and they all have one thing in common... the work out like pussies. so don't make that mistake :)

It seems as though you don't have a tough time staying skinny.....so eat! That is first and foremost...the fellas are right. You will not grow if you don't eat! The amount of protein you take in should be around 2g per lb of lean body weight.

All in all the best advice is to eat, sleep and train hard. If you can't afford lots of supplements, just eat.

Good, solid, commonsense advice from hard. I tried for years to get around it, and I am just now making the gains of my life. I wasted a lotta time.
Stick to commonsense basics.

Thanks for the encouragement, dgreenhill. Don't let my political posts interefere with your helping a fellow brother.
Yup, I'm sure a shell scrawny compared to 95% of the people on this board, but my own improvements are noteworthy, and I am halfway to my short-term goals. My life is good, and I feel great.
It's all relative, and we only compete against ourselves.
I plan to post another pic in a few months, when I have broken through my short-term goal.
Life's good. :D

Top Bottom