Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Blood type - Defines your maximum bodybuilding potential? READ!

Blood type - Defines your maximum bodybuilding potential? READ!

• Blood Type 0

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • Blood Type A

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • Blood Type B

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Blood Type AB

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
Enock said:
Type 0 universal reciever (give me your blood)
Isn't type O the universal donor? And type AB the universal receiver? Anyone can take Type O... But, O can't take A nor B. AB can take O, A, B, or AB. Just had to point that out :)

I don't by into the blood type diet at all. What a crock of horse shit.

I'd be more inclined to believe that you should eat based on your nationality, and where you come from than your blood type. WHY?

I'll use me for an example. I'm 25% Italian and I LOVE pasta. I LOVE pizza. I LOVE spaghetti. I LOVE french bread. I could go on and on. In fact, I eat pasta every day generally. I also LOVE milk. I mean I really LOVE milk. I can drink 1/2 a gallon a day without even trying. It's just how much I drink because every meal I have generally has a glass of milk with it. It just doesn't feel right without a gtlass of milk!

But, I'm also Scottish, Irish and Welsh. I love meat. I like fish too, but generally I prefer meat. MEAT is good. ME like MEAT.

I don't know, that's me, but the milk and pasta thing definitely could be traced back to my Italian genes. It's possible.

As for my bodybuilding potential. I'd say above average. As for my powerlifting potential I'd say very high based on my build and strength.

I tend to hold a moderately high level of bodyfat, but I don't look fat, just thick, or at least that's what I'm told. I gain muscle easily and strength even easier, but I can still drop bodyfat easy enough when I want to, but I always lose ALOT of strength when I do so it just isn't worth it for me. I operate best with around 15-20% bodyfat strength-wise. Strange, but true.

Last edited:
man, SSAlex can get to people even after he's been gone for years!!!

next people will be bumping, "who would win in a fight, Superman or the Hulk?"

Enock said:
Type 0 universal reciever (give me your blood)

Don't handle carbs very well they tire me out easily.
Could eat protein shakes all day w/o problem.(often have 4 just after gym)
Can't get into ketosis for the life of me. (I think mabe my protein ~fat intake is a little too high and thats fucking me over)
Don't tend to put on fat, and the muscle is coming along just fine.
Kicking ass in the gym, but so are most of us here since we are so dedicated.

Blood type while interesting Its like reading horoscopes.
Nothing but entertainment well for us 0 types the rest of you got screwed :)

Only thing I've noticed but its probably true for everyone, is protein makes me more hyper, while carbs slow down my reaction times. (figured this out before I started lifting, always ate peanuts or meat before a Lan party so I could frag better hehe [caffine works too heh])
Don't want to scare you, bro, but type O is the universal donor not receiver. Take anything but O and it'll kill you. AB is the universal receiver.

personally i think that your blood type has nothing to do with your bodybuilding potential
and even if it has, the effects are probably not worth mentioning

your blood type basically is nothing else than an 'antigene' sticking in the membrane of the erythrocytes (= the red blood cells), which can be determined with an 'antibody-antigene' reaction, and the only thing it is good for in a larger sense is blood-transfusion

i cannot see why the antigene (= nothing more than a carbonhydrate-chain+N-acetylglucosamin+sugar) should have anything to do with ones bodybuilding potential

i think that primary hard work and knowledge, secondary genetics play the major roles

slightly off topic: i recently read an article from Claude Bouchard about the inpact of genes on training - the conclusion was that over the last 4 years about 100 of 'training related' genes have been determined but we are far away from understanding the connections and functions

interesting thing mentioned in the article - some polymorphisms in the ACE gene (=angiotensin converting enzyme) seem to play a large role in training,
ACE activates the hormone angiotensin I to angiotensin II, this hormone plays a huge role in heart growth in response to exercise
if a gene variant - ACE D is inherited from both parents the heart growth resulting after exercise will be three times compared to people with an ACE I gene variant
in the article it is mentioned that seemingly, people with ACE D are better in sports relying on strength and power such as weightlifting or sprinting, and people with ACE I show a more efficient use of energy and oxygen, therefore are better endurance athletes

This is odd. My grandfather, who has the same build and physical characteristics that I have, is type O and I'm type A. This must mean that we came from a different background!!!! :rolleyes:

Damn I'm A and it describes me exactly as I am. And even grandpa and dad were farmers so I could say that book has something right...

Top Bottom